GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'am looking at buying a pair of original s.w.a.t. boot, they say they are water proof, has anybody tried this boots are they good or not
your comments please
thanks enclave

·
Registered
208 Posts
I have a pair I bought at the Panama City Thunder Rally last fall. They are worth every penny in my opinion and were very comfortable from day one. I will buy another pair when these wear out, I don't think the ones I have are waterproof though. I did however, try the waterproof ones and stood in a bucket of water for over a minute and they came out beading water and my feet were as dry as before I put them in. The only problem was the waterproof ones were Camouflage which wouldn't be bad if I were to buy them for hunting but I wanted them for riding.

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
I've not used that particular brand, but I've had three pairs of that style boot for my job the past 8 years, and getting ready to get another. Mine have all had the side zipper so they're easier on and off. You really need to go to a dealer and try them on to make sure they fit and feel good, and like a helmet, wear them for a while before deciding. Good boot for riding.

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
I don't have any knowledge about your boot suggestion, but I had a very bad experience when I first started riding motorcycles and swore that I would never ride with laced boots again. You'd be surprised at how many times the laces could get hung up off the brake pedal, the shifter or your pegs as well.

TourMaster Solution is the boot I prefer. They are waterproof, excellent for riding, easy on and off with zipper and velcro closing on the side and great to walk around in.

They are currently on sale now at Competition Accessories for $107.99.

No, I am not affiliated with anything about Competition Accessories.

Good luck in your search.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You talkin about these? http://www.originalswat.com/products.php?category_id=MTM==

I have never tried em. I wear either my HD boots, OR (most of the time) a pair of Rocky 911s. The lightweight 911s have canvas uppers....so they aren't waterproof, but they do a pretty good job up until you end up riding thru a gulley washer.
Yes, they seem 2 be a nice boot, was wondering how comfortable they where

·
Registered
208 Posts
Yes, they seem 2 be a nice boot, was wondering how comfortable they where
If you try them on, you will buy them, they are that comfortable, the comfort is what sold me on the boot. The same style boot I had prior to the Original Swat boot required a break in period before they were comfortable. The Original Swat's are the most comfortable boot I have worn, no 'break in' period required and they are also light for their size.

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
I wear Bates tactical boots and they are very comfortable after over 2 years. Converse makes them that they claim are waterproof and insulated. Those are the ones I'm getting next. I wouldn't get the ones that are from Bass Pro Shops (store brand Red something) they aren't built well lasted less than 30 days.

·
Registered
758 Posts
I bought a pair of tactical boots last spring, they were supposedly waterproof. I have to admit they were very comfortable when I first put them on, two problems.

1) They were NOT waterproof by any stretch of the imagination. After 2 hours in a downpour, my feet were soaked, to the point that the dye in the leather ran into my white socks and they became black socks.

2) I broke/bent the shank on the bottom of the boot putting the bike on the center stand. I had to throw the boots away after 4 months.

I bought a pair of Chippewa Loggers. They ARE truly waterproof, I have ridden in the rain for hours, literally, and my feet stayed bone dry. They are warm and now comfortable, took a while to break them in. They are not hot in the summer and are warm in the winter and cooler times. I will not own another pair of boots for riding other than these.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I'll chime in on the original SWAT boots too. Bought them about 4 yrs ago at the IMS in Chicago and were the best boot I every had. Very, very comfortable, wore well and had no problems with the pegs on my goldwing. I looked for a pair around last Christmas and never found them at a cheap price, like I bought them before. I had just worn them out, especially on the left foot beyond what I thought was safe. Just did not find them and chose a pair from Sears because of the price (extremely cheap) and they are ok, just not the same as the SWAT boots. If anyone has a site for a good price on the Original SWAT boots, then I probably would get another pair now, even though the Sears boots are not worn out.

·
Registered
4,974 Posts
If you try them on, you will buy them, they are that comfortable, the comfort is what sold me on the boot. The same style boot I had prior to the Original Swat boot required a break in period before they were comfortable. The Original Swat's are the most comfortable boot I have worn, no 'break in' period required and they are also light for their size.
They look very similar to the Rocky 911s.......and those things are comfy. I wear them as a duty boot, so I have em on for 50+ hours a week, AND I choose to use them as my primary riding boot.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I have a pair of these and agree they are very comfortable, now the however. The water proofing only goes ankle high! The reason is the tounge inside the boot. It does not attach all the way up the shaft so any water hitting the shaft above ankle height can run down inside the boot. Too bad because they are a very comfortable boot but now am looking for a WP boot that is waterproof all the way up the shaft.

·
Soon to be Former Member
7,732 Posts

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
I wear the S.W.A.T. boots all the time. I have both the waterproof and the non waterproof. The waterproof ones are indeed waterproof. I wear them for riding in the rain as well as working in the snow in the winter time. The only drawback is that the waterproof boots do not breathe so your feet will get quite warm on a hot day.

I wear the non waterproof ones other times. In addition to being my riding boots, they are also my hiking boots -- they are that comfortable. My wife has a pair of the women's S.W.A.T. boots and she wears them for hiking and riding also.

We buy them at Blue Star Police Supply as it is near our home and they have always treated us fairly. Don't forget to get the gel insoles. They make a big difference in comfort.

·
Registered
336 Posts
How makes a boot in x wide width at least a 2e would perfer a 4e.

·
Registered
510 Posts
I purchases some Rocky 1576 Gortex boots a couple weeks ago. Comfortable but the toe is a little stiff so getting the toe under the shifter feels different. Once broke in good I think they will be fine. For the quality of the boot and the price I paid I feel pretty good about them.

·
Registered
7,039 Posts
I had a pair of Bates but after a while the soles became slippery but they were very comfy.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Howdy - Ya, S.W.A.T. boots are hard to beat. I started wearing them when I did my jail tour of duty. (standing on all cement floors doing 12.5 hrs. a shift) they are the most comfortable boots I've ever had. They give you great support while at the same time, give you the feeling of wearing a running tennis shoe. Any good Police supply place should have them. Mine are not the waterproof kind however. Down here in San Diego, thats not a big deal as a rule. They are also one of the best riding boots in warm weather I know of.
I've gotton to the point that I wear them for about everthing I do. I couldn't be happier with them. Best Wishes Mike Dory

1 - 20 of 24 Posts