GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
if they have a standard 1/8" stereo mini-plug (like most headphones nowadays) then you'd use one of the goldwing 5-plug to stereo adapter thingamabobs like Ed has over at the Edsets site to use them on the wing.

Edit - they're called ear buddies

http://www.edsets.com/product_details.php?category_id=62&item_id=159

If you wanted a microphone, too, that would be a more custom matter.

·
Registered
411 Posts
They look as if they might stick out too far to use under a helmet. I know that as a ear bud user if it will not fit fully in the ear without sticking out the experience will be painful.I would test fit them before I bought them.

Redeye

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Bose

I think you might be better off with a set of custom mold Challenger ear buds. Investigate: Now Hear This or Ear Plug Superstore.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
While I can't speak for those particular Bose parts, I can only tell you that Bose is usually very overpriced but mediocre (and worse) audio equipment in the sound fidelity department. Bose does, however, have lots of money for good advertising.

I can speak for the Shure E2c's. Sonically, they are quite good and cost the same $100. They do fit into the ears with helmet on unless you have your helmet speakers protruding into your ears already. :)

David M.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I seem to remember a saying... "No Highs, No Lows it's got to be Bose".

·
Registered
20,024 Posts
While I can't speak for those particular Bose parts, I can only tell you that Bose is usually very overpriced but mediocre (and worse) audio equipment in the sound fidelity department. Bose does, however, have lots of money for good advertising
I agree that most Bose products are very overrated and worth about pne fourth of what they sell for, and anything involving electronics is subpar, but the one thing they have always been good at is making speakers. Their new line of headphones and earbuds are quite good. The Shure E2s have a great reputation but I haven't heard them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts