GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know Lamont owns a Boss Hoss so I'm asking this here. A customer of mine is having trouble with the tranny in his Boss Hoss. I haven't seen it yet but I'm trying to determine what transmission they use before he wastes his time bringing it in.. From the description it sounds like a Power Glide. Anyone know? Special valve body? Special torque convertor? .... Thanks .. Rob

I

·
0 Posts
Oh MY Gosh. Do you mean Harleys actually have problems also?????????

:roll: :lol:

Sounds like a Powerglide??????? Could we talking a slipping clutch here? Or do Harleys have automatic transmissions now. :?

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
Now they have a Trike version too. It comes with a 3 speed auto.
I've seen several of the 2-Wheelers around but no Trikes so far.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Jerry Roebke said:
Now they have a Trike version too. It comes with a 3 speed auto.
I've seen several of the 2-Wheelers around but no Trikes so far.
The trikes look great too. The rear ends look like 57 Chevy and older Corvette (62?). Seems like someone had them in Daytona a few years ago.

All of those are a litle pricey for my tasts. For that kind of money I could get a real hot-rod! :lol: I think those things (2 and 3 wheelers) start at about $35,000 and go waaaaayyyyy up!

·
Registered
72 Posts
I know this will sound funny, but I have heard from a reliable source that owns one, that they use John Deer parts in the transmission. If you don't believe this call the company.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well in case anyone is interested I did find out from Lamont the tranny is manufactured by a company by the name NESCO. It's still not clear if it's based on a Glide or not. The three speed in the trike version is a Turbo 350. Not sure about any Deere parts though, hadn't heard that one yet. It does resemble a transaxle more than a rear drive transsmission. The bright spot is I'll get to ride it eventually because the guy insists it comes here, hell or high water. He's trying to resolve this problem so he can sell it and buy the 502 version.... Yes he has way more money than common sense :) ..... Rob

1 - 13 of 13 Posts