GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Instructions are lax.

No. 10: Remove two screws from the main relay under the seat.
Okay did that
11: tie the plate relay to relay bank nearest the battery?

Why do you remove the screws.
They are not mentioned again.

Do I throw them away and let the relay box hang loose.

Back to 10: My relay box has 4 rows.

Since I'm not capable to wire the launch pad at Cape Canaveral was hoping that this would be a plug and play like cowl lights I bought from Lewis

·
Registered
268 Posts
This has my attention since I have the grounding block coming and was thinking of the Fuse Box. I have heard their instructions on several items are lacking.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
kicking the sand pile.

Would like to finish installing

·
Registered
683 Posts
I would call Lewis at EC. Good people and should answer your questions.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got past instructions # 10,and # 11.

Now to the blue wire trigger wire.

Two options.(fair enough).
Connect it to white wire with black stripe from relay#1 labeled relay 16a head light LO this will turn off accessories when starter is engaged (sounds good to me).

But now is why I'm taking off the power plate.
Instructions say:See T-Tap use below.
Lay the donor wire in the groove of the tap opposite the side with the metal Blah blah blah blah.
Crimp the male spade connector on the wire which needs to tap to the donor wire.WTF??????.

Not only that the warning includes plate not to control more than 30 amps. That barely covers the heated jackets,forget about EC's cowl lights.

Either put it in the attic with the Kury floor boards,or will be on E-bay at a new and lower price.

Should never assume things are a plug and play.

Just might require enough electro savvy to wire launch pad at Cape Canaveral

·
Registered
683 Posts
Connecting your heated jackets to the power plate is not what I would do. The are a reletively high current drain, so right to the battery for me. When not plugged in and turned on, they draw no current. No reason to go the the EC power plate at all. JMHO

·
Registered
132 Posts
Got past instructions # 10,and # 11.

Now to the blue wire trigger wire.

Two options.(fair enough).
Connect it to white wire with black stripe from relay#1 labeled relay 16a head light LO this will turn off accessories when starter is engaged (sounds good to me).

But now is why I'm taking off the power plate.
Instructions say:See T-Tap use below.
Lay the donor wire in the groove of the tap opposite the side with the metal Blah blah blah blah.
Crimp the male spade connector on the wire which needs to tap to the donor wire.WTF??????.

Not only that the warning includes plate not to control more than 30 amps. That barely covers the heated jackets,forget about EC's cowl lights.

Either put it in the attic with the Kury floor boards,or will be on E-bay at a new and lower price.

Should never assume things are a plug and play.

Just might require enough electro savvy to wire launch pad at Cape Canaveral
You are talkling about the trigger wire right? If so it only pulls low amperage as it only is triggering the relay on, not acting as the power wire to the lights. The jackets probably pull around 7 amps each and usually around 3 more for a pair of gloves. That leaves you around 7 or eight more amps for lights. If they are led you should be in good shape.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks guys
I'm more irritated at my lack of electricity stuff than the power plate

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Call me if you have any questions. I am trying to get all the instructions updated....I have printed out your notes and will see what we are missing.

Lewis

1 - 9 of 9 Posts