GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been hoping an insurance settlement would allow me to replace my late great Concours 14 with a Goldwing, and it finally came through. I kept checking every week to see if Niehaus had sold their Airbag DCT, and finally got to drive over to Litchfield, from Clarksville, Indiana. I'm on cloud nine, because I thought I was going to have to settle for something else. I'd considered an Africa Twin, and they are super cool, and also a VFR1200X, as both have the DCT. Really wanted a Wing though. I made the deal on Saturday, and they're storing the bike for me until some decent weather to ride it home. I can't fargin wait!

Attachments

·
Registered
332 Posts
Congratulations on a beautiful bike!!!! Wishing you many miles of smiles!!!

Reactions: JamieMac

·
Registered
16 Posts
Congratulations!

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Congrats on your new ride, and wishing you hundreds of thousands of safe miles ahead of you. I took delivery of my new airbag model in November. Just dropped my Silver Bushtec trailer off at Bushtec to have it painted to match the 2018 Tour Air Bag model. Can't wait for Spring!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Congrats on your new ride, and wishing you hundreds of thousands of safe miles ahead of you. I took delivery of my new airbag model in November. Just dropped my Silver Bushtec trailer off at Bushtec to have it painted to match the 2018 Tour Air Bag model. Can't wait for Spring!
Cool! Looking forward to seeing that.

·
Registered
8,063 Posts
:congrats: Sure is purdy!!! Enjoy and safe travels

·
Registered
5,766 Posts
Uhaul has bike trailers. Congrats on the new bike!

·
Registered
557 Posts
Great bike, my buddy has the airbag DCT. Get a long (very high quality) usb cable for the trunk as that is where you will plug your phone into. if you have luggage in the trunk, it will be hard to access the usb port without said chord.

Congrats!

·
Registered
5,259 Posts
Now that is one great looking bike! Congratulations!

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Great bike, my buddy has the airbag DCT. Get a long (very high quality) usb cable for the trunk as that is where you will plug your phone into. if you have luggage in the trunk, it will be hard to access the usb port without said chord.

Congrats!
You don't need a long USB cord. The provided USB connection easily reaches your phone in the phone holder in your trunk if you're not using your phone as a GPS.

·
Registered
557 Posts
what i meant to say was..

You don't need a long USB cord. The provided USB connection easily reaches your phone in the phone holder in your trunk if you're not using your phone as a GPS.
If you trunk has a full trunk liner bag in it (if you are traveling let's say), it can be tough to access the phone holder cradle at the forward edge of the trunk. In this case, having a longer chord so that you can lay the phone on top of the liner will make access easier.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts