GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please confirm for me that it is highly unlikely that anything other than a blown rear shock is my culprit. It gave up Sunday on a rough part of the Blue Ridge Parkway. Thanks.

Richard

·
Registered
342 Posts
it's rather unlikely but a buddy of mine actually had the rear spring break on his 2010. Fought for a month with Honda to have it covered under warranty:wrong:.

·
Registered
338 Posts
If the rear was POGOING, then I would also say the shock gave up. I had that to happen with me on my old 93-1500 that had Progressive on the rear. I almost lost it on a curvy bumpy road. It happened all at once with no warning.

·
Registered
20,983 Posts
it's rather unlikely but a buddy of mine actually had the rear spring break on his 2010. Fought for a month with Honda to have it covered under warranty:wrong:.
:wrong: wow i am surprised they didn't replace it instantly, was it Honda or the dealer that was reluctant to replace it ? i suspect it was the dealer :thumbup:

·
Registered
347 Posts
Greetings,

Having experienced exactly the same thing, I can confirm that it is the rear shock and most likely simply a blown seal/o-ring.

·
lightley seasoned member
3,082 Posts
Not even gonna say what flashed thru my mind...:eek:4:

·
Registered
250 Posts
Does it have anything to do with Sea World?

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Seen one on T.V.. bounced itself plumb off the stage!!:thumbup::cool:

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oem

Yep. Rear shock. After market by any chance?
Ron Fuller
The back story is that last winter I purchased and installed a 2008 trike take-off. It appeared new, but possibly the seal had dried out:shrug:. I think that I'm going to re-install the old one while I figure out the next step.

Richard

1 - 11 of 11 Posts