GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife has an embroidery business.

She went to buy a new 10 needle embroidery machine which costs $15,000.00.

When we went to pick up the new machine, as they were loading it in our truck, we noticed it said "Seminar Demo" on the side. We asked them about that and told them this is supposed to be a brand new machine. They said yes it was and don't worry about that. "Are you sure?" Yes it is brand new. So we left it in the box a couple of weeks until we can get a factory stand for it.

When the stand arrived at the dealer, we went down to pick it up and it was already put together. My wife said that they would put it together for us since some people don't know how to do it. When we got there, the stand had smug marks and scratches on it. We argued with them and they kept saying it was brand new and the guys at the warehouse put it together and got it a little dirty.

I kept thinking this is not new and finally convinced them to keep it and order us a new one in the box.
This was supposed to be brand new.
So we finally get the stand last week and put it together over the weekend and go to put the new machine on it.
We open the box which looked like it had not been opened and found the instruction books (which are all put in plastic bags at the factory) had been opened and were just laying around on the top of the machine.
The power cord had been taken out of it's bag and the twist tie was gone and wasn't in a plastic bag.
Then we noticed some spools of thread had been installed on the machine.
Thread for that machine is expensive, the factory is not going to put spools of thread on it.
It is like buying a copy machine....you don't get any paper with it and only starter kit ink cartridges.

There is also an indentation in the styrofoam where the parts are and one section that has nothing in it. We are thinking that something may go there and it could be missing.

Boy we are mad now....they gave us a demo model they used and are now passing off as new. Just like the stand they tried to pawn off on us....the stand for the machine was $1,000.00.

You can see by the cost of this stuff we are not taking second hand demo model stuff.

My wife is going to call the factory to discuss this before calling the dealer and she is going to demand a brand new machine.

This is just not right what some people try and get away with.

·
Registered
460 Posts
My wife has an embroidery business.

She went to buy a new 10 needle embroidery machine which costs $15,000.00.

When we went to pick up the new machine, as they were loading it in our truck, we noticed it said "Seminar Demo" on the side. We asked them about that and told them this is supposed to be a brand new machine. They said yes it was and don't worry about that. "Are you sure?" Yes it is brand new. So we left it in the box a couple of weeks until we can get a factory stand for it.

When the stand arrived at the dealer, we went down to pick it up and it was already put together. My wife said that they would put it together for us since some people don't know how to do it. When we got there, the stand had smug marks and scratches on it. We argued with them and they kept saying it was brand new and the guys at the warehouse put it together and got it a little dirty.

I kept thinking this is not new and finally convinced them to keep it and order us a new one in the box.
This was supposed to be brand new.
So we finally get the stand last week and put it together over the weekend and go to put the new machine on it.
We open the box which looked like it had not been opened and found the instruction books (which are all put in plastic bags at the factory) had been opened and were just laying around on the top of the machine.
The power cord had been taken out of it's bag and the twist tie was gone and wasn't in a plastic bag.
Then we noticed some spools of thread had been installed on the machine.
Thread for that machine is expensive, the factory is not going to put spools of thread on it.
It is like buying a copy machine....you don't get any paper with it and only starter kit ink cartridges.

There is also an indentation in the styrofoam where the parts are and one section that has nothing in it. We are thinking that something may go there and it could be missing.

Boy we are mad now....they gave us a demo model they used and are now passing off as new. Just like the stand they tried to pawn off on us....the stand for the machine was $1,000.00.

You can see by the cost of this stuff we are not taking second hand demo model stuff.

My wife is going to call the factory to discuss this before calling the dealer and she is going to demand a brand new machine.

This is just not right what some people try and get away with.

I hear you. I would have open the box right there and then If I would have any doubt.....

·
IronMan
17,452 Posts
DID THEY GIVE YOU JAR VASELINE WITH IT ?? :wrong:;)

·
Registered
5,260 Posts
Hello Attorney General!

·
IronMan
17,452 Posts
HOW ELSE YA GONNA DO IT :roll::roll::shrug::shrug::lol: I'VE HAULED HALF A MC ON MY WING . BE SURPRISED HOW MUCH " STUFF " THE OLE GIRL CAN HOLD !!

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry, I should have put this on the OTE board. :(

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
Yes calling should yield a person who is either non-English speaking, or just plain of no help

But, I bet they will repeat how sorry they are numerous times

I don't like phone adventures

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
I'd be interested to know what brand you bought. Is this her first machine, or added it to the stable? We've been doing embroidery for many years and have two older Melcos. Definitely get a hold of the sales rep for your area to make it right one way or the other.

We use Madera thread from Midwest Embroidery in Farmington, MO, and pay between $6.75 and $7.60/5,000 yd spool of polyester. Used Pearl Yacht when it was still available.

Good luck with the business.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Dianne called Brother, the manufacturer. They said it is not uncommon for them to load the machine with 8 - 10 spools of thread and load the software and test the machine before it leaves the factory.

This is a Brother 1000e and it does have a memory of how many stitches and items were done. They said if it was an astronomical amount then that would give us reason to worry. The only way is to set it up and run it to see what it does.

14586d1316810336-selling-brother-entrepreneur-pro-pr-1000-embroidery-machine-b3.jpg

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Cycledude....Yes.......that is one of her main projects is Motorcycles and related items, even shipping over to Europe.

She will be able to take a picture....any picture....scan it, and load it to the machine, and install all the correct colors of thread and it will make an exact duplicate of that picture on a shirt, hat....you name it.

It is amazing what it will do.

You can contact her at [email protected] for now....while she is in the process of setting up her e-mail and website.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts