GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Coming home from work yesterday on a strait two lane road (with a good wide shoulder thank God) I noticed a car coming with two motorcycles side by side behind it. I could see the bikes and I know they could see my pickup. My work pickup is a 4 wheel drive Ford raised 3'' with a full replacement ranch hand bumper. As I got about 200 yds from the car the two bikes pulled into my lane to pass. I had to take to the shoulder fast to keep from making speed bumps out of these two. The guy closest to me which was about 2 feet from my left side mirror looked at me like I was the problem as we met.

I couldn't help but think that these guys must have a death wish. I watched the news last night to see if they made it to their destination or became a statistic but I guess they made it.

What is wrong with these people?

·
Registered
8,095 Posts
I guess you were in their way. :shrug:

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I thought by the look I got.:doorag:

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Group rides, riding with others, one did not see you, the other just followed the first one. Did not look for himself. Did not see you until even with you.

They are crazy, and drive or ride ten feet in front of their wheel.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Those were the advance team members scouting out the area for the Texas office of the Obama reelection committee.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
what we all want to know is if these guys were riding the dreaded HDs. We need a new "let's lambast Harleys" because the bikes are crap and the riders and either yuppies or killers.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Haha, will not say the make but they were not wearing helmets and had loud pipes. I don't think brand makes makes the brain go that dead!!

I think they saw me, they were coming right at me, just wanted to be macho.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I have heard that a lot of the social club type riders will do that. When they get ready to pass, they pass, ride the middle stripe, and don't care if there is on coming traffic or not.

Attachments

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have heard that a lot of the social club type riders will do that. When they get ready to pass, they pass, ride the middle stripe, and don't care if there is on coming traffic or not.
That was the dumb part, they were not riding the stripe, they took my lane side by side.

·
Registered
4,796 Posts
It's a really old, traditional american road game called "Chicken".

Since you swerved, I'm sure they're telling their friends what a 'loser' you are.

The year after I graduated from high school a classmate friend of mine was driving on a two lane road, with his mother in the passenger seat. Another classmate saw him coming and swerved into his lane to play "chicken".
My friend swerved, hit a tree and his mother died...

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
There are a lot of brain dead morons on the roads---and some of them will soon be dead dead. In the last week, I have driven 3000 miles on the bike and another 1100+ in my car---I have seen my share of idiots in the last week!

·
Registered
8,095 Posts
There are a lot of brain dead morons on the roads---and some of them will soon be dead dead. In the last week, I have driven 3000 miles on the bike and another 1100+ in my car---I have seen my share of idiots in the last week!
Sad part is, it's usually the innocent that are injured or killed in these accidents.

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
Another classic example of underestimating your approaching speed, and overestimating the power they have at hand to pass... see this in people riding bikes as well as driving cars.

"Sure, I have time to pass..." only to find out they don't...

:eek:

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Happens alot here in Arkansas too. Or the nutz on crotchrockets that pass doing a wheelie.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Two against one? Your suppose to lose. Right.

·
Registered
471 Posts

Wounder if this is a new trend? Had a guy no helment on HD pass me on a long bridge with double yellow at 70 mph with on coming traffic. At the point we all came together oncoming cars, Biker on D yellow,and my veh. couldnt have been even a foot of clearence between any of us. No place for us in cages to go with rails on both sides.

what an a-- must have been late for the party.

R

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Years ago I rode with 3 that rode like that. They even went up a curving off ramp taking up the whole lane They on Yamaha and Kawasakis and I on a chopped Harley. The brand doesn't matter. The brain does.

They got to the races long before I did. :doorag:

·
Registered
181 Posts
Ranch Hand vs bike.... what'd you pull over for!? :shrug:

:joke:

On the bike I look for the cages to do the dumbest/most dangerous thing possible and sometimes in the cage I see the bike do the dumbest/most dangerous thing possible.... go figure.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts