GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any insight into steel braided lines? Any manufacturers out there that offer braided lines as exact replacements? Read alot of the tech board topics and didn't see any on this subject. Just purchase 07 dark blue metalic wing in middle of October. Owned many different bikes over the years. This is my first wing. This is the ultimate machine. Planning cross country trip next summer. Can't wait.

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
The GL1800 wing' brakes are so great that I think an upgrade to stainless steel hoses is a waste of money. I own two other motorcycles, and yes, I agree that stainless steel hoses did improve their braking capabilities, but the Wing is a different beast. Besides, have you seen the amount of different hoses? I'm sure that it will be cost prohibitive as well.
Did I mention that it'll cost a lot of money? :lol:

Ride safely, and only brake when you'll have to stop! :lol:

MIke

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
The GL braking system is a lot more complex than your std sport bike!! There's a lot of hoses there because of the integrated (front/rear) braking system.
While the GL braking system isn't as good as a sport bike, it's fully capable of stopping the 900# beast quickly enough for street riding! Steel brake lines will take some "sponge" out of the feel (if it's related to brake line flex, not air in the system) The GL if properly bled down feels really tight and firm! No real reason to replace with SS unless it's for looks (they do look great!)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts