GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2001 has a defective brake light switch on the handlebar. I've cleaned it twice but it failed again. According to the parts fiche, I have to purchase the entire right grip wiring harness for $125. :(

Please tell me I'm wrong and show me where I can purchase just the switch.

Thanks
Len

·
Registered
388 Posts
Len

Are you saying the small microswitch is broken, or the large assy that is a clam shell around the bar? My microswitch has gone out on both sides.. at different times, and the cost for a new microswitch was less than $15 each time. What exactly is broken?

Mike

·
Registered
51 Posts
35340-mca-000 is the stop / cruise switch on the right handlebar

·
Registered
7,613 Posts
Which fiche? The online fiche is incomplete. It does not say that radio knobs are available separately and if you wanted a set you'd have to spend $1500 for a new radio. Not so. Knobs are $3 each. Check with your dealer first. Many things are on the dealer's fiche that are not on the online fiches (dunno how to pluralize fiche).

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I just found this on the parts fiche:

01 SWITCH ASSY., FR.
35340-MCA-000 001 $8.22

·
Registered
51 Posts
the online fiche at HDL does show the radio knob (#27) as being a seperate item, for some reason it does not allow the part number to be viewed. the diagram is the exact one that the dealer uses. #25, the bulbs, part number is not shown either, the dealers show it but for a 2003 on up, not gor a 2001. the radio assembly is the same making it reasonable that the bulbs will work which they did. some detective work must be done to obtain the right part number. the switch for the brake is as i posted above, 35340-mca-000. dcannot finf 35340-mca-000-001

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mike, it's the switch that fits under the brake lever.

Kajunwing: Thanks for the part number, but where did you find it? I think the (001) was the quanity, not a part number.

Motorcycle Boy & Waldo: Did you get the number from a dealer, or did you find it somewhere on the HDL fiche?

Thanks for the help guys,

Len

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Sorry but my English will not let it slide Automotive Brakes are spelled
BRAKES!!!, Oh, that feels better, the part number is in the fiche file, will get the number for you if no one else does before I return. :biker: :biker: :biker: :flg: :flg: :croc:

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mudbug,
I suppost you mean Automotive Brakes, not Automotives. :?

Hey, just joking, you're right. I guess I slipped the first post out with "breaks" instead of "brakes." :wink:

I have the part number now, but what I need to know is where these guys found it. If it's on the HDL fiche, please tell me where.

Thanks for your help.

Len

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Touche' my friend, fingers slip a lot around here, if you go to the parts fiche and look under "Front Brake Master Cylinder" you will see the switch. looks like around $8.22

"Clutch Master Cylinder" that one looks like it is $11.03

Hope that helps. Have a :croc: great ride today

·
GL1800 Doctor
20,207 Posts
That's the number according to my part list

1 SWITCH ASSY., FR. STOP & CRUISE ...... 1 1A 2 2A 3 3A 4 4A -------- -------- 1 35340-MCA-000

:D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts