GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This unit on the HDL site:

SIG-01004 Signal Dynamics BackOFF XP brake light module. Selectable brake light flasher.

Rated at 10 amps.

WILL IT HANDLE THE GL1800 BRAKE LIGHTS WITHOUT ANY PROBLEMS?

DOES ANYONE ON THIS FORUM USE THIS BRAKE LIGHT MODULE?

Thank You,

Harold

·
Legend in His Own Mind
4,671 Posts
Hey Harold,
I don't think the XP module is designed for bikes with twin brakelights. On the S.D. site they do specify that their Wig-Wag module is for bikes with twin brakelights but when you look under the XP's specs it does not say this. You could contact their support team to confirm this. Just a tip, I've installed their Wig-Wag module and though it is economical it is not model specific and the wiring spec in the packaging is of little help on a Wing installation. Finally, if you find that the XP module will not work per S.D. the Wig-Wag will and only flashes the trunk lights. But that's plenty and if something were to go wrong eventually your bag brakelights would still function to get you home.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
this one http://www.cyclegadgets.com/Products/product.asp?Item=TB
worked very well for me in my spoiler. Simple to put in and does exactly what I wanted. Just FYI.... so you may now have some more options.

This one worked only on the spoiler light, somay not be what you're looking for. I would not want all my brake lights flashing......but that's just me.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, I think I'll go with the Kisan Tailblazer Brakelight modulator for all Gold Wings. Part #: KIS-200GW

1 - 4 of 4 Posts