GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was topping off my brake fluid yesterday and did not know that a few drops got on my navigation buttons and panel, and the black piece right under the panel on my 2012 Gold Wing:eek: That black plastic sure don't like brake fluid!!! I thought I was being careful, even had a rag under to catch any that might fall, but I guess I missed some. Anyway, I have been online trying to find the black replacement panel but can't find anything of a parts finche anywhere!!! Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

·
Premium Member
12,496 Posts
no help now but maybe next time:
Another thing NOT to mix with ABS plastic is "Loc-Tite"..
.. it will dissolve the plastic much like brake fluid...

Dennis

I was topping off my brake fluid yesterday and did not know that a few drops got on my navigation buttons and panel, and the black piece right under the panel on my 2012 Gold Wing:eek: That black plastic sure don't like brake fluid!!! I thought I was being careful, even had a rag under to catch any that might fall, but I guess I missed some. Anyway, I have been online trying to find the black replacement panel but can't find anything of a parts finche anywhere!!! Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

·
Registered
17,039 Posts
The waterless hand cleaner called Go Joe, the kind without the pumice, is pretty good at neutralizing the brake fluid and turning the white stain back to black. Not sure why the parts fische are so far behind the introduction of a new model year, if HDL does not get it up, try Bike Bandit or Ron Ayers.

prs

1 - 4 of 4 Posts