GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know mileage can very greatly depending on riding habits, and type of riding, also that it will probably differ from front to rear. But I`m curious as to what other riders are getting befor brake pad change. Thanks

·
Registered
589 Posts
I just changed the pads on Angel's DFT Trike (it use the stock brake setup) at 30,000 miles. The front pads were almost down to metal, about 1/2 mm left. The rear pads still had 3mm left but went ahead and changed them. Use OEM pads from Hal.

·
Registered
636 Posts
A friend has over 40,000 miles on his set and has lots of pad left. We reversed the left and right pads to extend the wear. The rear was only half used. He says he brakes by downshifting a lot.

·
Registered
964 Posts
I just changed my front brake pads at 33,991. The pads in right calipers were almost completely gone, I should have relpaced them a little sooner. My rear brakes look like they have a lot of miles left in them.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Mine same as aht_six. About 30,000 for the front and double that for the rear.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Ellary said:
A friend has over 40,000 miles on his set and has lots of pad left. We reversed the left and right pads to extend the wear. The rear was only half used. He says he brakes by downshifting a lot.
Same here.

I did replace my front and rear pads at about 41,000 since I had the wheels off for tire replacement even though the did have some wear left. :wink:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts