GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brake lights all work off the foot brake, but not off the front hand brake. Hand brake will cancel the cruise but won't turn on the brake lights.

I've only had this bike about 3 weeks, its an 03 gl18003, and i've not got a service manual or owners manual for the bike. I've had both a gl1200 and a gl1500 and had service manuals for them but i have nothing for this bike and need to get some brake light going off the front brakes.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give!

John

·
Registered
928 Posts
Brake switch needs to be replaced. Some try to get them working with cleaning, but for the cost and ease of replacement just change it out. Hope this helps. Ride Safe.

Crabby Bob

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
The front brake switch is easy to remove. It is a micro switch with four spade connectors on it, two small and two large. If you choose to replace the switch don't worry about getting the connectors hooked to the wrong spade. They only go back on one way. But what I would do first is locate the small square port on the switch. Get some contact cleaner. I used the Radio Shack brand which isn't cheap but it worked for me. Squirt some of the cleaner in the hole and actuate the micro switch several times and see if this fixes your problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts