GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to buy the Back Off modulator. I have read that the directions are not very clear. Is there anything special I need to hook it up to the LED spoiler brake light?

Thanks,
Randall

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Logbldr said:
I am looking to buy the Back Off modulator. I have read that the directions are not very clear. Is there anything special I need to hook it up to the LED spoiler brake light?

Thanks,
Randall
Hey Randall,

Looks like you're reasonably new... welcome. There are a lot of us who will help with questions and it really helps us if lots of info is provided, especially brand names with pictures/links. There are all kinds of brake light modulators... so which one are you getting? Anyhoo, most simple modulators have two wires and you just splice it into the wire(s) that go to the lights you want to modulate. Just make sure the input wire goes to the input of the modulator and you'll be good to go.

If you have a complex modulator, like an SD WIG-WAG, well, that's a lot more complicated. LOL

·
Registered
428 Posts
Brake Modulators

I have had a "back-off" on every bike I have owned. Easilly installed under your seat right at the relay box. Just find the brake light box and splice it in as per the directions with the modulator. The unit is flat and fits right next to the frame cross bar so seat will not hit it.

Personally, I like the LED units from Hyper Lights better, but I have both. You can NOT have too much rear lighting.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts