GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's Firday night and it's been a long week at work...so here is an easy question. Which brand of brake light modulator starts out blinking fast, then slows to a on steady state? I had one on my Kaw...but I cannot remember the brand. Want one for the Wing.

Thanks,

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Kisan 200GW. I just put one on my 2006 two days ago. Works great, starts out fast and slows to a steady on. Its called a deceleration warning..........

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Road Hog said:
Kisan 200GW. I just put one on my 2006 two days ago. Works great, starts out fast and slows to a steady on. Its called on deceleration warning..........
Yep ! I have the same on mine...... :) I followed 6 wings with the kissan on them and at night there awesome. In the daylight they also add the extra warning when stopping.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Back Off

Personally, I like the Back-Off System. Blinks all four taillights four times fairly fast, then a short pause and then four more times. This continues as long as you have a brake depressed....either front or rear.

I have also included two LED sets installed on the top of my seat back and two more sets on my lic. plate bracket.......they flash constantly as long as the brakes are depressed.

So..............., I get constant flashing AND blinking flash......best of BOTH worlds.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Re: Back Off

nludvigson said:
Personally, I like the Back-Off System. Blinks all four taillights four times fairly fast, then a short pause and then four more times. This continues as long as you have a brake depressed....either front or rear.

I have also included two LED sets installed on the top of my seat back and two more sets on my lic. plate bracket.......they flash constantly as long as the brakes are depressed.

So..............., I get constant flashing AND blinking flash......best of BOTH worlds.
Those are nice to, but the kisan is legal in all states..........

·
Premium Member
12,496 Posts
Road Hog said:
Kisan 200GW. I just put one on my 2006 two days ago. Works great, starts out fast and slows to a steady on. Its called on deceleration warning..........
How hard was the installation?

Thanks,
Dennis

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
wingwing said:
Road Hog said:

Thanks,
Dennis

We'll let Road Hog fill us in on the Wing install, but on my Kaw you just snipped the main wire going to the tail lights under the seat. Stripped each end back about 1/8" and placed each one it into a lug terminal on the device and tightened a screw. Then a third screw-lug had a ground wire that you ran to a frame ground. That's it. The device was about the size of a small box of matches, maybe smaller. You just tucked it out of the way and put the seat back on. It took longer to get the seat off and on than it did to do the install.

Road Hog....about the same procedure for a Wing?

Thanks,

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Quite easy. Take off seat. Find the large grey plug just in front of the trunk. Find the green wire with the red stripe. Cut this wire. The side that goes under the trunk gets connected to the output side....the other to the input. The last terminal uses the supplied wire and gets connected to ground.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
kg5ie said:
wingwing said:
Road Hog said:

Thanks,
Dennis

We'll let Road Hog fill us in on the Wing install, but on my Kaw you just snipped the main wire going to the tail lights under the seat. Stripped each end back about 1/8" and placed each one it into a lug terminal on the device and tightened a screw. Then a third screw-lug had a ground wire that you ran to a frame ground. That's it. The device was about the size of a small box of matches, maybe smaller. You just tucked it out of the way and put the seat back on. It took longer to get the seat off and on than it did to do the install.

Road Hog....about the same procedure for a Wing?

Thanks,
kg5ie that is the exact procedure. Same thing and you will be on your way. Dennis hope that helps. Like you said, it takes longer to get the seat off and back on.. :)

·
Premium Member
12,496 Posts
Road Hog said:
kg5ie that is the exact procedure. Same thing and you will be on your way. Dennis hope that helps. Like you said, it takes longer to get the seat off and back on..
Thank you ...
That will be my next "addition"
(I've been flashing the lights manually ... that will make much easier.)

Dennis

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
wingwing said:
Road Hog said:
kg5ie that is the exact procedure. Same thing and you will be on your way. Dennis hope that helps. Like you said, it takes longer to get the seat off and back on..
Thank you ...
That will be my next "addition"
(I've been flashing the lights manually ... that will make much easier.)

Dennis
I rode to Atlanta last weekend and ran into a couple of traffic jams and I was doing the same thing, flashing the brake lights manually.

·
Registered
3,282 Posts
I have my spoiler lights hooked up as running and brake lights. Are there any issues with that setup or has anyone encountered that installation?

I know that the Back Off model "BackOFF BLSM-XP™" is built for LED Lighting. Just wondering if this should be on my spring "To-Do" list......

Has anyone installed the Kissan 200GW using the spoiler as stated above?

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
n9frp said:
I have my spoiler lights hooked up as running and brake lights. Are there any issues with that setup or has anyone encountered that installation?

I know that the Back Off model "BackOFF BLSM-XP™" is built for LED Lighting. Just wondering if this should be on my spring "To-Do" list......

Jerry I have my spoiler as a running and brake light to. The way I did the connection which is explained above, it doesn't effect the spoiler light. Only the 4 brake lights will flash not the spoiler. 8)

·
Registered
751 Posts
Lewis/EC said:
Quite easy. Take off seat. Find the large grey plug just in front of the trunk. Find the green wire with the red stripe. Cut this wire. The side that goes under the trunk gets connected to the output side....the other to the input. The last terminal uses the supplied wire and gets connected to ground.

Lewis,

Are you fimilar with Kriss brake light flasher? They suggest that you remove the cover underneath the trunk......... DO you know if I can use your method and wire everything from under the seat?
thanks

·
Registered
547 Posts
I've got the Kisan Tailblazer installed on my bike, and it's connected to the spoiler. It makes the light in the spoiler a running light, and flashes the spoiler light when the brakes are applied. There are several short flashes, then the flashing gradually slows to a steady illumination.
All I had to do was follow another Wing with this setup through traffic to see how much it improves visibility.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Brake Modulator

See my reply under your Trunk/Tail Stop light Post...

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
n9frp said:
I did mine exactly like that. was easy to install. Goes in line with the spoiler connector and one wire needs to be spliced into the Kisan. It has it's own little splice connector hootus that just goes around the wire you want (out of one of the harness'sunder the trunk liner) and you mash it down to crimp the connection. Easy!

Edit: Atually mine was not that model (200GW) I think it was a LED-D or something like that. Don't know what the difference is?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts