GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is a sort of off topic but, Does anyone know if motorcycle brake light modulators are legal on automobiles? I am thinking about installing a Kisan Tailblazer on my Jeep.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,027 Posts
I can't quote the law, but I saw one on the "third brake light" (or whatever you call it) on a corvette. It didn't flash like the Kisan, but it did flash a few times.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
626 Posts
I see brake light modulators on the (third light only) here in Georgia all the time I have one on my car. I think the thing is, you can only modulate the third brake light.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
272 Posts
MotorcycleBoy said:
I know this is a sort of off topic but, Does anyone know if motorcycle brake light modulators are legal on automobiles? I am thinking about installing a Kisan Tailblazer on my Jeep.
http://www.oscn.net/applications/oscn/i ... 47&level=1

The above link should take you to the Oklahoma Motor Vehicle Code list. I couldn't find anything on modulated brake lights, other then emergency vehicles. It would be my guess that all brake lights being modulated would get you a ticket. As for the third (higher) brake warning light, I see that all the time here in California. If in doubt, go to your local traffic court and ask a judge. Good luck.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,565 Posts
I would hope it's not legal on cars... they are big enough to be seen. Anything like that which becomes commonplace dimishes our advantages in using them on our bikes. The flashing lights stand out because they aren't all over the place - unusual. As soon as every car light starts modulating and flashing all over the place people will learn to block it all out and we become invisible. Then what will we do to stand out?

That's just a theory I guess.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,627 Posts
William Anzik said:
I would hope it's not legal on cars... they are big enough to be seen. Anything like that which becomes commonplace dimishes our advantages in using them on our bikes. The flashing lights stand out because they aren't all over the place - unusual. As soon as every car light starts modulating and flashing all over the place people will learn to block it all out and we become invisible. Then what will we do to stand out?

That's just a theory I guess.
Have you noticed all the vehicles on the highways lately that have flashing yellow lights? I can see the semi's having an oversized load, but it seems that everyone and his brother are running flashing yellow lights. It's ho-hum now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,565 Posts
Lucky Phil said:
Have you noticed all the vehicles on the highways lately that have flashing yellow lights? I can see the semi's having an oversized load, but it seems that everyone and his brother are running flashing yellow lights. It's ho-hum now.
I haven't. But that's here in Montana.
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top