GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

A friend's 2002 Wing brake lights quit working with either the foot petal or hand lever. He has tried a different relay and fuse with out success. The bike does have a Back Off Brake Modulator operating the bottom lights as well as the spoiler light. What happens if a modulator goes bad? What else does he need to check? Thanks!

Donnie

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
I would disconnect the rear mod and see if he gets a tail light after that. If he does, then you know it is a bad mod.

·
Registered
5,541 Posts
I had a Kisan Tailblazer go bad.

It took out ALL my rear lighting except the Spoiler light. No Running lights, no turnsignals and of course no Brake lights.

Bypassed the Tailblazer and all was well again.

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
dwj said:
Hi!

A friend's 2002 Wing brake lights quit working with either the foot petal or hand lever. He has tried a different relay and fuse with out success. The bike does have a Back Off Brake Modulator operating the bottom lights as well as the spoiler light. What happens if a modulator goes bad? What else does he need to check? Thanks!

Donnie
If the "back off" module fails, you loose all the brake lights that it is controling. I've had 2 fail. They lasted about a year. I gave up and removed the module for good.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts