GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Started the bike up real quick in the garage today to check something and noticed that when I grabbed the front brake, the headlights dimmed. Same thing when I used the brake pedal. Same thing on high beam.

I'm thinking this can't be right. Has anyone experienced this before ?????

Thanks,

·
Chard Member
12,974 Posts
If it was at idle it could very well be normal! It is especially normal if the battery isn't at 100% charge.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Red is right. Try reving the engine up and see if they dim. The battery is probably low.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. I'll check it when I'm sure the battery is fully charged. I had the bike running in the driveway for maybe 5 minutes while I checked the CB antenna match. Then brought it back in. Started it up maybe 2 or 3 minutes later and noticed the lights dim. Two starts with only 5 minutes of run time probably had the battery less than 100%.

Thanks again,

·
Registered
20,955 Posts
my bike acted simillar once riding at night, pulled up to a stop sign and when the brakes were released the lites got noticeabley brighter, reapply and dimmer. Put on a couple thousand miles since and never noticed that again but it does make me wonder what was going on.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I have the Kisan Tailblazer and you can see the headlights pulsate at night whenever you apply the brakes at an idle. I believe this is normal behaviour.

·
Registered
4,563 Posts
I think everyone is absolutely correct! I put a V&P voltage idiot-light on mine. At idle she puts out over 14 volts, but if I have my vest plugged in and the fog lights on, the light will flash to the beat of the music, or brake lights, or turn signals.......

1 - 7 of 7 Posts