GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I changed my front brake pads on my '07 Wing about a month ago. Brakes work fine and there was no rubbing on the discs. I just finished rebuilding my forks and when I took it out for a test ride, I noticed that the front brake pads are now rubbing on the discs. I'm not sure if it's one side or both, and I can still spin the wheel. Just wondering why they're doing it after the fork rebuild, and what I can do about it. Thanks.

Ed

·
Registered
8,095 Posts
If you can give the front wheel a spin, sounds to be OK.

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
There will always be a little rubbing going on with the pads regardless of age new or old if you can spin it retentively easy without heavy binding i would not worry about it :thumbup:

·
Vendor
17,410 Posts
Did you reinstall the front tire's axle pin per the Service Manual and tighten the axle and it's sinch bolts in the proper sequence per the manual? When you do, it has you check the clearance of the LF caliper to rotor .... was all that done?

If yes to all that, jack up the front wheel and spin by hand and the front wheel should spin freely, and it is normal to hear brake touching noise. The pad will just need to reseat into all the rotor groves. That will happen in less then 500 miles.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts