GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that the Honda Brake pads are quality brake pads..........but, I like options. Honda's pads are a little pricey and I have heard good things about EBC. Can anyone help with some info on the different companies that are providing pads.
Thanks a lot.
Msgt

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
From what I understand the EBC and the Traxxion (Sp.?) produce a lot less dust espically on the rear.

·
Canuck
2,827 Posts
Msgt - a local fellow who works on Gold Wings out of his home garage did some work on mine this weekend. Several things, including new front brake pads. He only carries EBC and says he's had good success with them. I've put less than 100 miles on them, so can't really comment. Except to say they don't squeak the way my last set of OEM brake pads did.

This fellow comes highly recommended by a number of local Gold Wingers, so I don't think he'd steer me wrong.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Stick with OEM on the back. Honda rear disc brake pads are twice as thick as EBC.

EBC is good for the front, so take your pick; OEM or EBC.

·
Registered
552 Posts
I used a set of EBC last year. Got 17K out of the backs and changed all of them out. Installed Traxxion Vesrah pads this spring. I have over 1K so far. I'd say I like the Vesrah the best so far. I have ABS, so the lockup concern isn't a problem. I'd say without ABS, you better hold on as these things have magor stopping power.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts