GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a set of brake pads from Hal, the ones from Emgo. Man is the pad material thin on these. I think it is thinner than whats left on the originals I am replacing. Has anyone else used these. Is it just harder stuff that will last as long. Does it scratch the rotors.

· Registered
9,099 Posts
That there scraping noise you will hear will be metal coming off the rotor....

· Registered
39 Posts
OEM pads

I use OEM pads only. Have worked well for me for 180k plus miles on 1800's. Usually 40 k on front, 60 k on rear pads. :D

· Registered
8,027 Posts
I went ahead and replaced the left front as they were in real bad shape??? The right was only about 1 mm off of original, and still in good shape. Having a Trike I don't use the Front brakes that much at all. The link system applies the left front also with the rear. I don't know if they had ever been changed or not before I bought it as a Trike. I have put a little over 20 K on it the time that I have had it. The clock is at 43 K now, so I am assuming that they haven't been replaced in the past life. I was able to get a short and cold test ride in Thursday, and of course it is way to soon to tell how they will last but it stops much better than it did that I do know. I wouldn't think that Hal would be offering them if they weren't of at least some quality.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.