GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seam my right foot fits great on my Goldstrike floorboards (2018 DCT Tour) but my left foot always has to rest on an angle due to the break pedal being to close to the floorboard.....does anyone makes a brake pedal extender, basically extending the pedal contact surface about an inch forward? I guess I could always cut and weld and extension in a worst case scenario but would rather just buy one.

·
Registered
2019 Darkness Black Goldwing DCT (1800BD)
1,581 Posts
It seam my right foot fits great on my Goldstrike floorboards (2018 DCT Tour) but my left foot always has to rest on an angle due to the break pedal being to close to the floorboard.....does anyone makes a brake pedal extender, basically extending the pedal contact surface about an inch forward? I guess I could always cut and weld and extension in a worst case scenario but would rather just buy one.
Before we get there...

How the heck do you ride when sitting backwards on the bike? Your left foot on the brake pedal?

:)

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
[URL

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Reactions: jeff123

·
Registered
4,909 Posts
I feel ignorant here. Why would you not just slide your foot back a bit? That is what I do all the time when going around corners so I don't grind off the outside of my boot.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I feel ignorant here. Why would you not just slide your foot back a bit? That is what I do all the time when going around corners so I don't grind off the outside of my boot.
My foot is just uncomfortable in this position...my left foot sit perfectly on the floorboard and my right foot always has to sit on an angle due to the brake pedal always being in the way....I would like to move the break pedal contact point forward an inch so I can rest my right foot equal to my left foot.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
My foot is just uncomfortable in this position...my left foot sit perfectly on the floorboard and my right foot always has to sit on an angle due to the brake pedal always being in the way....I would like to move the break pedal contact point forward an inch so I can rest my right foot equal to my left foot.
Would it work for you if you lowered the pedal?

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
There is one company that makes a cover/oversized pad for the pedal - that MIGHT work. But I'd check the angle of the floor-boards, there should be clearance there unless you have them tilted back too much.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
There is one company that makes a cover/oversized pad for the pedal - that MIGHT work. But I'd check the angle of the floor-boards, there should be clearance there unless you have them tilted back too much.
I think I will have my local welders just cut the pedal arm and weld in a 1 inch piece and polish it up. This should move the pedal forward an inch and I should have room for my boots like the left side.

·
Premium Member
19,632 Posts
The oem pedal was designed for foot pegs.

If you have a larger floorboard with a stock brake lever it will be difficult to use the brake properly

Reactions: ShanghaiDan

·
Registered
13 Posts
FWIW I have the same floor boards and my riding position results in the exact same issue. I thought about adjusting the pedal down so my toes hover over the pedal but am worried about dragging the brake or activating the brake light unintentionally.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
FWIW I have the same floor boards and my riding position results in the exact same issue. I thought about adjusting the pedal down so my toes hover over the pedal but am worried about dragging the brake or activating the brake light unintentionally.
I moved mine down and adjusted the brake light but it just did not feel right so I think I'm going to stop by my local metal fab/welding shop and have them cut the pedal and weld in a one inch longer piece and polish it so it comes back shiny. I can't see any other choice. I was hoping someone just made one I could bolt on.

·
Registered
63 Posts
If you were dragging your brake, cruise control would drop out, you would know pretty quickly.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
19,632 Posts
I have the larger Goldstrike floorboards with the matching Goldstrike pedal cover & YES the pedal badly needs to be extended. You literally have to ride with your RIGHT foot at an angle

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
I have the larger Goldstrike floorboards with the matching Goldstrike pedal cover & YES the pedal badly needs to be extended. You literally have to ride with your RIGHT foot at an angle
sold my set for this same reason...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts