1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any Okies had the recall done yet. If so where and how was your
experience.

I have be debating where to go. In Tulsa area we have Honda of Tulsa
Then theirs Shawnee Honda ,Stillwater Honda, Russellville Honda in Arkansas and Honda of the Ozarks in Springfield Mo. I think Joplin has a dealer ship. Not sure of OKC area.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I did some informal polling with some riding friends, I will probably take mine to Honda of Tulsa.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
WingShu let us know how it turns out. I hope they do a great job.
when do you think you will have it done?

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Hey guys, I took my '09 to Honda of Tulsa two weeks ago. Got it back in three days. They did a good job as far as I can tell. I'm going to take the '05 in this week for the recall..
Bill

·
Registered
370 Posts
Thanks for the update Bill. Your report goes along with what I had heard. I will try and get mine in sometime before the end of the year.

And Jean and I are wishing you and the Mrs. A Merry Christmas.

Steve

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So far good to here Honda of Tulsa is doing good on recalls. I will probably take mine there after the new year. If you guys don't mind keeping us posted on how the other recalls go.

Thanks..
Merry Christmas!

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Took the '05 into Tulsa Honda this past Tuesday, it was ready the same day! I couldn't pick it up until Friday (out of town all week), but all went well.. :smile2:

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Thanks for the update Bill. Your report goes along with what I had heard. I will try and get mine in sometime before the end of the year.

And Jean and I are wishing you and the Mrs. A Merry Christmas.

Steve
Pam and I wish you and Jean a very Merry Christmas, too,,

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
Bought mine in Bartlesville. Took it in on a Friday morning and had it back by 1 Pm. I have over 2,000 miles on it since then. 780 miles this weekend in NW Arkansas. :)

·
Registered
247 Posts
Haven't got any recall notice yet but if I decide to have it done it would be at Shawnee Honda. Don't think I'd take it to the OKC or Del city dealer. Wonder if they would say anything about my Darkside tire and would they remove my speedbleeders and install factory bleeders back on calipers then charge me for them?

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
Haven't got any recall notice yet but if I decide to have it done it would be at Shawnee Honda. Don't think I'd take it to the OKC or Del city dealer...
Hey guys...

Just arrived in the area (OKC), and gonna be here for a few weeks. I need to have the recall done on my '07. Question: why not the OKC or Del City guys? Bad reviews? Bad experience? Gut feeling?

I don't mind taking a ride somewhere else... just trying to get the local picture. :)

·
Registered
370 Posts
ATC
Don't have any personal experience with OK City dealers but Shawnee Honda is highly regarded, Goldwing friendly, and only a 45 minute drive from you. If you like BBQ you can eat at Vans Pig Stand in Shawnee, then head north to Chandler, go west on 66 to Warwick to the little motorcycle museum called the Seba Station, then on to "Pops" a Hiway 66 landmark, then on back to your temporary Ok City Digs.
BTW, love the look of your travel rig and hope your life on the road is everything you thought it would be.

Shu

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ended up taking mine to Shawnee. did it while we waited on a Saturday. put on about 500 miles and seems ok. I put a post up a couple of weeks ago.

go luck where ever you go..

·
Registered
370 Posts
Well I finally took the Wing into Honda of Tulsa for the brake recall. I had tried to schedule an appt. a few other times but they were scheduling about 2 weeks in advance and I had conflicts with those appts. and ended up having to cancel. Well last week I made up my mind to get it done and they had an appt. for last Wednesday. Took it in and picked it up at lunch time on Friday. Everything working as it should with no problems. I even had them do the front brake flush while they had the bike. While I was there, visited with 2 other Wing riders doing the same thing, and recognized a black trike of another friend of mine also. Seems the Tulsa dealer is taking good care of us Wing riders.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts