GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently put Centramatic wheel balancers on the front and rear and changed to new Bridgestone Battleax B45 for the front wheel. I also replaced brake pads.

When I took off the front rotors I marked one side to be sure I got it back in the same spot but I had a brainfreeze and didn't mark the other side.

I notice a slight "tingle" in the handlebars when I let off the accelerator. It's not a pronounced vibration, just a little "tingle" that I noticed on my recent trip to 2,700 mile trip to Colorado.

Is the feel on the handlebars normal when one lets off the gas?

Do I have a problem that needs correction on the rotors? If so, how do I go about getting the rotor to the correct position??

·
Registered
11,183 Posts
Dan, it might be the BT45 causing the issue. You obviously got the rotors back on the correct side(s) and not sure what else you could have done (or do) for this issue.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got the rotors on the correct sides but I may not have gotten the rotor back in the same screw holes as before. That seemed to be important in Fred's videos.

It may be the effect of a rear tire on the front, but if if everyone says "that's normal" then I won't pursue anything further.

·
Registered
17,090 Posts
I do not think it is important to keep the original index of the rotors, they are very well balanced.

prs

·
Banned
11,396 Posts
I recently put Centramatic wheel balancers on the front and rear and changed to new Bridgestone Battleax B45 for the front wheel. I also replaced brake pads.

When I took off the front rotors I marked one side to be sure I got it back in the same spot but I had a brainfreeze and didn't mark the other side.

I notice a slight "tingle" in the handlebars when I let off the accelerator. It's not a pronounced vibration, just a little "tingle" that I noticed on my recent trip to 2,700 mile trip to Colorado.

Is the feel on the handlebars normal when one lets off the gas?

Do I have a problem that needs correction on the rotors? If so, how do I go about getting the rotor to the correct position??
Dan.That BT45 is well known to cause a buzz in the haldle bars at 35-45 mph.
I was probably the only guy who never felt it on my 04,But I have felt it on a friends bike with the same tire as has everyone else that has run that sneaker up front.

Just ignore it because that's what it does,or the other option is get rid of it?.

·
Vendor
18,400 Posts
There is nowhere in the service manual that states the need to index the rotor ... therefore it is not needed. Not sure why Fred would say that and have never watch his videos. From what I here others say that they say he says, I think he is a professional video maker and not a professional mechanic. Anyway, your vibration is coming from somewhere else.

·
Banned
11,396 Posts
Since the BT45 is a rear tire, did you mount it in reverse rotation:?:
That has nothing to do with this in this case.

Reversing the tire is only for water dispersion.

Guy who ran this tire have complained of handle bar buzz in both rotating directions.

·
Registered
19,376 Posts
Rear tires mounted on the front of a bike, car tires mounted on the rear or a motorcycle and you want to know why you have a slight buzz in the bars? I have CENTRAMATIC with motorcycle tires and it is smooth as glass, no cupping . Ride safe

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey, I'm not complaining, it was merely an observation about the slight buzz and just wanted to make sure all was well. That's what so great about this forum. I have been able to learn a great deal about my bike from here.

Believe me, I'm happy with my decisions about tires.

·
Banned
7,603 Posts
BTW:
Why are you quoting me?-I thought you had me on your IGNORE list.:shrug:
Can't stop reading the Rock huh..lol

I don't give a dam.Rocky don't hold grudges-lifes to short!.:thumbup:
I paroled you after it seemed you were mellowing.
Discussions or different opinions with no personal attacks are great.
As in, dam is a water barrier-damn is the slang word;)
full release pending:joke:

DAN,
Would still like to know the rotation of your front mounted BT45:?:

·
Banned
11,396 Posts
I paroled you after it seemed you were mellowing.
Discussions or different opinions with no personal attacks are great.
As in, dam is a water barrier-damn is the slang word;)
full release pending:joke:

DAN,
Would still like to know the rotation of your front mounted BT45:?:
We or at least I am smart enough to see right through you.The only person you are fooling is yourself.:congrats:

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
DAN,
Would still like to know the rotation of your front mounted BT45

Tire and wheel arrows in the same direction.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts