GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

When on a 5-day ride over Labor Day I burned out one of my trunk brake/tail lights.

Pulled the bulb and it read as follows:

12V - 21/5W ECE (Stanley)

The Honda microfiche lists the same bulb info.

Could not find them anywhere on my trip. Tried NAPA, tried Advance Auto. No luck. Had to buy some from the dealer when I got home.

Couldn't find the rear turn signal bulbs either. Those are:

12V - 21W amber (Stanley)

Does anybody have the equivalent bulb numbers for the brake/tail light bulbs and/or the rear turn signal bulbs from any of the common auto parts stores? (NAPA, Advance Auto, Auto Zone, others.)

It would be nice to have those numbers handy on the road, even though I have spares now.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Brake/tailight is 7443.
Ron,

Is that a standard bulb number for any auto parts store, or is that specific to one store, or specific to a certain bulb manufacturer?

Thanks!

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
That # is available in any auto parts store. I keep a spare set on the bike along with an H7 for the headlights.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Typically what you find in the auto parts store is the generic version of the Stanley lamp. It is the same lamp, it just doesn't have the filament center support post.....

As you can see in this photo, even with the support that long upper filament can still break. I don't know if it happens more often without the center post... shrug... although someone decided that it was needed for this application...

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone.

I'm gonna gather up some spare 7443 bulbs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts