GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting ready to install the Wig wag on the brake lights. Where do most of you do this. In the trunk or under the seat.

S

·
0 Posts
Neither, I double side tape it under the trunk . I remove the cover on the underside of the trunk box and mount it under the box, totally out of way and sight.

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
I installed mine on the right side of the trunk. If you want my instructions, PM me.

The rats nest:

All buttoned up:

·
Legend in His Own Mind
4,671 Posts
Mines under the seat, a little more trouble to install but it's out of sight.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I put mine under the trunk bcause that was the only way to get to the wires. Acorn nuts and studs turned together. Now glad I did, out of sight, out of the way. Only concern is if I were to be stopped by an officer who would complain about the light operation. Then, I guess I would deal with it at that time. Three years and several states later, I havn't encounted that officer. (yet)
Bob D.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Mine looks like Wanderer's.. Under the trunk and soldered in..

·
Registered
667 Posts
The only time you will have a problem with red flashing lights, is if they flash to the front or side. To the rear is ok. If not you would not be allowed to pump your brakes at any time or state. I believe this will run true in all states. Some stated have blue light flashing to the front on police units so you would not be allowed to have this either front or rear.
35 years experence with these topics. Just bought my first Gold wing gl1800 '07 black Metalic. Really a nice bike. Have now installed arm rest, cb ant, (no cb yet), spoiler, and lots of chrome. Nice site. Thanks

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
depcons said:
The only time you will have a problem with red flashing lights, is if they flash to the front or side. To the rear is ok. If not you would not be allowed to pump your brakes at any time or state. I believe this will run true in all states. Some stated have blue light flashing to the front on police units so you would not be allowed to have this either front or rear.
35 years experence with these topics. Just bought my first Gold wing gl1800 '07 black Metalic. Really a nice bike. Have now installed arm rest, cb ant, (no cb yet), spoiler, and lots of chrome. Nice site. Thanks
Welcome to the Goldwing World. I haven't seen the Black Metalic yet... how much flake is in the paint?

Concerning flashing brake lights, or any flashing lights for that matter, states have all sorts of laws regarding flashing lights with most being really confusing. They vary state to state. Here's a thread you might want to read: http://www.gl1800riders.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=31769&highlight=state+laws+brake+lights

1 - 9 of 9 Posts