GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,
Its been awhile since I have posted but I am in a situation. I had my rear brakes inspected as it was dragging. Honda dealer in Cincinnati told me they were within specs. Nothing to be done. 2 weeks later I'm having progressive springs and fork seals done and i am told that my front brakes are dragging. Never before has my front brakes been an issue. What's the chances I am being taken advantage of here?
The bike is done except for the dragging front brake. Advice please.
Thank you,
Jeff W

·
Registered
258 Posts
Mr. T,
I would take the bike home and service the brake calipers myself. It's rather easy and takes but a few simple tools (C-clamp, degreaser, rags, etc.) to do the job.
If the calipers are in good shape, changing the brake fluid might solve your problem.

Good luck with it. I'd say anytime you take your bike to a dealer you're being taken advantage of. YMMV

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had mine checked by the dealer as part of the first and second recall letter...and was told they were within spec and fine. Right now I am waiting to get my wing back from the dealer once they finish replacing/rebuilding the entire braking system...had both the front and rear brakes lock up twice (once right after they finished the recall service). I would advise being safe and insuring the fronts get some attention...the recall is on the rears and the front/rear are separate systems -- but my fronts were dragging and locked up at the same time as the rear.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts