GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Late this afternoon my wife and I were out enjoying a warm, sunny late fall ride. I was on a road I wasn’t terribly familiar with and was going faster than I should have been since it was late afternoon, the sun was setting and was directly in my face when I realized there was a stop sign right in front of me followed by a gravel road intersection. I had practiced panic stops but it’s not the same as a real panic stop. This bike’s brakes are amazing and extremely capable of stopping quickly riding two up. It’s the first time I have smelled the odour of hot brakes.

·
Registered
5,994 Posts
I "feel" your pain.............That probably has happened to to 99% of us................. Glad all is well! BUT I'm sure that you had that *happy* (caused u stopped feeling) and that *whoooo* feeling cause of the total unexpected situation...........

Ronnie

Reactions: cycledude and RRIXX

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Good to hear you stopped and all went well.

I solved any "sun in the face" issues with The Supervisor.
It's like having a Duck Bill visor but on a full face helmet. Does not lift in wind or at speed due to it's design.

For me, riding into the low sun rise- or set is no longer any issue. This attaches to the face shield.
This is not an endorsement, but I feel a safety tip.:capwin:

Corventure Dave

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts