GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 Gold Wing and have been having a vibration durring light braking. It only happens when I use the brake pedal at low speeds and hit a sharp bump, although, it does not need to be very big. It feels like I am on a washboard road. If I apply the front brake lever it instantly goes away. If I let up on the rear pedal and re apply, it goes away. I have bleed the brakes and found no air in the system. I think that it has something to do with the secondary master cylinder.

Perhaps the inertia of the caliper reduces the pressure on the secondary master cylinder as the front wheel goes up and then applies too much as the wheel goes back down and then somehow this drives the system to oscillate until I either come to a stop or change the braking in some way.

I hope that someone knows what is happening. I think there must be a component in the braking system that is not working properly or there is still air in the system. I can't imagine that Honda would overlook a problem like this.

I don't want to go back to the dealer. I am sure that unless this is a common problem with a factory fix, they would not be able to fix it. I don't think my bike or I can survive much more of the 19 year old with the ear ring in his nose working on it.

Thanks for your help. Wally

·
Registered
221 Posts
There have been a couple of postings with this problem but I have not seen a solution yet. I think you are on the right track that it is related to the left front secondary master cylinder and anti dive system. If I were you I would take it in to the Dealer, as it should be covered under warranty.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts