GL1800Riders Forums banner

Which Branch of the Military did you retire from?

• US Air Force

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • US Army

• US Navy

• US Coast Guard

• US Marines

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
USCG 1974-1994

Stationed in FL, CT, SC, and temporarily assigned to such wonderful vacation spots in the "sandbox", such as Bahrain, Egypt, Saudi Arabia. I also spent time in South and Central America and on a bunch of Navy and CG ships.

A great time. I wouldn't have traded those times for anything else. :yes:

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
Like I said in an earlier post, I put 29 in the USAF, but got out because I did not wish to make a career out of it...20% bad, 80% good.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I put 20 years in. All nice assignments. Alaska, Mississippi, Germany & 10 years in Wyoming. I have been "retired" for 25 years now. Damn, how the time flies.

My other half put 30 years in. six active duty and 24 in the Air Guard.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Well,

I haven't retired yet. But I will at the end of Nov 07 with 24 active duty with a total of 36 years in the Army. I plan to be on terminal leave by Aug. some time. But before I retire I plan to do a trip to see some (more) of the country that I have served for so long. This is my planed route (below) and I'm thinking late April ...early May to do it. I was thinking that I might do this as a "Ride for Veterans" perhaps, if I can get some interest I could get loyal and caring people to do pledges that would go to several veteran groups like the "Homes for Vets", DAV and other groups that work directly with veterans. I would also like to see other riders meet up with me on my trip and ride with me for all or part of my trip (everyone would be welcomed) What do you think?

BTW my SO is planning to retire from the Army in two years with 24 active and 27 total

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Isn't the USMC part of the Navy?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Retired Air Force

I retired after 24 years and the wife retired after 20. Miss the people and the job but not the direction the Air Force went.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
You did not list Public schools. It is a war zone in itself. LOL

·
Registered
871 Posts
Retired in '93 from the world's biggest canoe club. Twenty years was enough. Four years enlisted then 16 as an officer (NFO).

Squadrons: VA-83, RVAH-6, VP-8, VXE-6
Carriers: USS John F Kennedy, USS Kitty Hawk, USS Ranger

Would not change a single day!

Lance

·
Registered
206 Posts
Just over 21 years in the Army. Retired in 87.

Now I'm retired for real. Time to ride.

Carl
E1, E2, E3, E4, E5, E6, E7,
WO1, CW2, CW3

·
Registered
679 Posts
Hm. Saw the comment describing the USMC as the "men's department of the US Navy". Guess I'd better not tell my daughter (USMC ret). Then again, perhaps some folk are still ignoring the obvious.

Ride long and safe..and I wasn't quite tall enough to join the Coast Guard (5' 11 1/2").

John
ETC (SW) USN ret
The Sabre Group ret
EDS ret
'06 GL18HPNAC6

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Didn't retire... USAF decided they didn't want me to do my job anymore (contractors) and I didn't want the Job they were gonna give me.

SSGT USAF 1990-2000

·
Registered
589 Posts
1957-1977 USN. 10 years enlisted, 10 years Warrant Officer. Smoke Boats and Nuke Boomers. Went to college on GI Bill then taught High School for 17 years before Social Security kicked in.

·
Registered
233 Posts
USMC!

And don't give me any of that "part of the Navy" crap! :flg:

G

·
0 Posts
Sorry that "You can't handle the truth". If it wasn't for the Navy, how would the USMC get around. Can't walk to get over there. 24 years USN. Personally, I am glad we are with the Marines.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Ghost Rider said:
Can't walk to get over there.
Shows what you know about the marines! :beer2:

You guys did do a good job keep the ship deck clean! Your food was better too! :chef2:

·
SOB First Shirt
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
StealthRider said:
No U.S.M.C. ???? What kind of a LAME poll is this ?
My sincerest apologies to all the Retired Jarheads out there. I have PM'ed LaMonster to add Marines to the poll.

I did not ask him to put it in LARGE print so you guys and gals just might have to fake it. :D (just poking a little fun, if it upsets you, sorry about that.)

1 - 20 of 42 Posts