GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Traded in the VTX on Saturday and rode away on a Silver Navi 07. Now, if it will just stop raining up here in New Hampshire... I couldn't contain myself Sunday morning. I was out before dawn to get some miles in before the rains came. :D

·
Legend in His Own Mind
4,671 Posts
Wicked said:
Traded in the VTX on Saturday and rode away on a Silver Navi 07. Now, if it will just stop raining up here in New Hampshire... I couldn't contain myself Sunday morning. I was out before dawn to get some miles in before the rains came. :D
Hey Wicked,
Your just gonna luv it. Get used to planning most things around your riding schedule. I still get thrilled like a kid just before Christmas with mine. The only bad thing is, you may not have the year around riding options we southerners enjoy. WELCOME WICKED WINGER, T. 8) 8)

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Let those Wicked (S)miles begin.

Welcome to the board, Winger World and a great riding future.

Bulldog

·
Registered
57 Posts
Winger,

I too came from a VTX to a wing about a month ago.... you are going to love it (I am sure you already do)....

I didn't trade my VTX, but selling it outright. Every now and again I take the VTX for a spin... Man! what a difference between the two. Very different bikes, but I am still amazed how much better the Wing handles.

I'd love to see the new ride. we'll have to get together for coffee one of these days.

Brian

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Wicked,

Attaboy! Welcome to "Wing world". You now own the finest long distance touring motorcycle in the world so break it in right. Ride in the rain, ride in the sun. Get 'er dirty and keep 'er that way 'cause you'd rather ride than shine. There's plenty of time to clean it up after the snow flies.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Welcome to Wingland. I'm sure you'll be ignoring the rain and riding anyway very soon.

Dep

·
Registered
573 Posts
I too am a VTX convert. I loved my VTX but I REALLY LOVE my (our) Goldwing. I say "ours" because my wife let me trade both of our bikes in for the Goldwing, man what a woman. So far she has enjoyed being a passenger, but I'm predicting a new bike for her within a couple years. That's fine because I got my Wing. I find myself making unnecessary trips to garage just to stare. :D

I hope you enjoy your Wing as much as I am.

·
Immortal Member
3,084 Posts
I am firmly convinced that riding the wing and rain are somehow connected.
If we go through a drought like we did a couple of years ago, I'm going to lease me and my wing out as a "rain making machine" cause it seems to rain every time I get on it :cry:
Enjoy your ride and WELCOME

·
Registered
871 Posts
Hey Wicked (AKA John),

Welcome from another newcomer and recent Wing purchaser.

As a side note, Wicked is my little brother and just HAD to out do me by buying a '07 to trump my '06! :D :D :D

Congrats Bro!

See you in NC this weekend? (about half way for both of us)...

Lance

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Lets Hook Up

THEMOBB aka Big Bro,

Lets do the Blue Ridge Prky, Sky Line Drive. Roanoke, VA close to half way for both of us.

Three day weekend for me. I know time doesnt matter to you retired folk. On first blush the weather looks OK. We'll talk.

Wicked aka Little Bro

Silver is the fastest :twisted:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts