GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys

Always good to get information from the 'locals' or others that have been there

Heading there this Saturday will be there through Sunday .. Staying at a bed and breakfast

In addition, good tips on places to visit / see / do attractions ? Shows ? Eating places?

I have done some research and finding it hard to get the best pricing on show tickets ..

Also there are a few dinning places that offer All You Can Eat lobster

So in the end what I am really looking for is the best of the best in everything you all have seen or done

Thanks in advance you guys are great

Reid

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Branson is like a great big Disneyworld, sprawled over many square miles.

If you find a flat spot, where you can park your bike, I suggest that you purchase that piece of real estate....LOL

Unless you have coupons, everything is pretty much laid out for the "Tourist".

When we went last year, we parked the bike at the hotel, and took the shuttles everywhere we wanted to go in town. It was easier that way.

Lots of traffic, tour buses and Blue Hairs.

Branson was impeccably clean. Hotel rates very reasonable. We didn't care for the Dolly Parton Stampede show and dinner, but that is subjective.

Have a great time.

Bulldog

·
Registered
87 Posts
I can't give you any recomendations on attractions and food, but I can tell you to avoid the main strip at all costs on the bike unless you like riding in bumper-to-bumper traffic moving at a snails pace for miles. Maybe this time of year is not as bad...but I've been in it on a bike and it's not fun.

Like bulldog said, it's all laid out for the tourist. Most of the stuff is on the main drag.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I live about a hours drive from Branson Missouri, the wife and I went 2 weeks ago sunday for the day shopping at Tanger Mall and the new Branson Langing. Theres two ways you can aviod the main street traffic. Both are outside roads next to the strip. The shows are everywhere, food is plentyfull, but found the landing and spent the day there. Theres all kinds of shops and 2 places to eat. I suggest Daves Bar-B-Que for dinner or lunch on the landing, if your thirsty go to Garfields for a beer on the patio looking over the river. theres also a trolly that runs down the landing. If your a outdoor buff like me theres also Bass Pro Outdoor world. A must see. Motels are cheap this time of year around 45 to 70 dollars a night, 29.95 a night if you like roach motels. Dont do it. Lots to see and do. Silver Dollar City is worth the money. Shepard of the Hills. Hope this helps, take care and ride safe.. :capwin: Have a great weekend.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts