GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to get the Brake Recall work done and am hesitant to bring to the shop in Roswell. When the new owners came in they lost one of the mechanics who knew his way around a gold wing. I called the service dept a couple of weeks ago and they had yet to perform the recall on any bike so I am not getting the warm fuzzy's from that shop. Any suggestions on which shop to use? The Lawrenceville shop seems to have done a few bikes - how about the one up in Canton? Thanks!

·
Registered
317 Posts
Just took mine in today and left it at the dealer. It made me more comfy that there were a few wings ahead of mine. But thats in Metuchen NJ so wont help you!

·
Registered
479 Posts
Took mine to Southern Powersports in Chattanooga Saturday, they call Monday afternoon and said it was ready, now if I can just get time to go get it:)

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
Lawrenceville Honda is where I would take mine, if I lived closer. Might just call and make an appt just to come back to metro Atlanta.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Recall

Taking mine to Tifton tomorrow will let you know how it go,s.Check Fl board for report .I posted it there. To lazy to do it here to.Long story short Honda of South Ga. Recommended if your in that area.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Had the brake-recall done at Weathers Honda, LaGrange, GA. Family owned shop for many years. They still care about service. They finished the brake thing in one day, but I had a couple warranty items that took longer because of getting parts from Honda. To be candid, I couldn't tell any difference in the braking. Of course I change brake/clutch fluid every January anyway.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Took mine into Lawranceville Honda had an appt and took 2 hrs I had them put in new rear pads, they have done a few gl1800 recalls so they are up to speed on the job. call them and make a appt 770-822-0089 they are the only shop I half way trust ,bad storys with the one north of me and other shops too far away. Note they will charge for a complete system flush the recall only does the rear system. .

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for replies gents ... I ended up having it done at the Canton Shop on Saturday. The whole thing took about 3 hours and no extra charges ....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts