GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got to thinking about what kind of breakfast would be good after a chilly morning ride like today.

I kind of like traditional:

Corned Beef Hash Omellet
Home fries (cut up potatoes fried in a black skillet in butter)
Buttermilk Biscuits & Sausage gravy

Rye (with seeds) toast and
Cup of coffee.

Anybody wanna join me?

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Thanks guys! So much for my weight loss effort.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Well, I have to do the breakfast thing first........had the usual 2 eggs, bacon, toast, juice and coffee at 6A........then I get to ride.....TO WORK......Hey, that's still a lot better than having to drive a cage (even though the bike was showing 23 DegF this morning).

Eveybody have a great day!
Bill

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
When we are in Greer, I like to have the Uncle Hershel or Old Timers breakfast at Cracker Barrel. But since you put on such a great spread, we'll just come to your house next time! :eat1:

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
iWING did you eat out again? :lol:

·
Registered
884 Posts
Well, I had my usual bowel of oatmeal with raisins, a bit of brown sugar and skim milk. Been doing that for the last 2 winter seasons and my cholesterol has gone down. Wasn't even high to begin with. I switch to dry cereal in the summer months. This is the 5 workdays of the week.
Don't get me wrong.
I still eat the other stuff, also. I'm not going to order a bowel of oatmeal at a restaurant. It's usually a couple eggs over easy, hash browns, sausage, whole wheat toast, juice and coffee.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
dicepilot said:
When we are in Greer, I like to have the Uncle Hershel or Old Timers breakfast at Cracker Barrel. But since you put on such a great spread, we'll just come to your house next time! :eat1:
I haven't been able to find that Cracker Barrel in Greer yet.

But, you're more than welcome, just call ahead for a reservation.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
I think he is talking about the one in Spartanburg. If I am correct, it is at exit 17 or 18 off of I26. I know you have to get on another interstate but just for the exit.

Here is the info about the one I am talking about. I have been there several times when passing through....

Spartanburg, SC
I-85 , Exit# 2C
I-85 Business
9021 Fairforest Road
Spartanburg, SC 29301-1135
Located off I-85
(864) 576-6949

·
Registered
692 Posts
Clostchef,

Love to join you for breakfast, but by the time I got there it would have to be dinner! I guess you have to go without me. Please skip the corned beef hash (ken-L- ration dog food), double up on the home fries!

Dennis

·
Registered
768 Posts
GL1800 riders like it when you talk dirty to us like that. Corn beef hash and biscuts and gravy (sausage gravy) that is, is one of my great weaknesses in life. Being that I have off on Fridays and its about 22F outside it sounds way to good right now!

Mike
03ILB

·
Registered
6,891 Posts
I like to sautee some sliced potatoes in butter, garlic, onions, spices & crushed red peppers and let them simmer for a while to absorb the flavor.

Brown some sausage (spicy, or Chorizo if you like) and scramble together with the potatoes. Mix in some shredded smoked cheddar cheese and enjoy... :eat1:

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Jon said:
I like to sautee some sliced potatoes in butter, garlic, onions, spices & crushed red peppers and let them simmer for a while to absorb the flavor.

Brown some sausage (spicy, or Chorizo if you like) and scramble together with the potatoes. Mix in some shredded smoked cheddar cheese and enjoy... :eat1:
Darn it Jon, you posted tomorrows breakfast, except I roll it up in a tortilla!.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts