GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
Got a question for ya. I am going to WD33 and in preparation for that trip just got a new front tire (a Dunlop E-3). This weekend is the only time I can get this tire put on. On Sunday I'm also doing a Ride Like A Pro course. My question is, if I put this tire on, will I struggle with the low speed stuff on the Ride Like A Pro because the tire isn't broken in?

I have about a 70 mile trip down to where the training is, but it won't be very twisty, and I don't imagine I will wear off the slick on the sides of the tire.

Thoughts/advice?

Thanks,
Matt

·
Registered
246 Posts
Rub it down with brake cleaner on a rag, you'l be fine.

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
I scrub mine in before I leave the sub-division. In my cul-de-sac, I make about 3-5 peg dragging circles in both directions.

A little fine-grit sandpaper, taken to the tire before you start the motor, will do the same thing.

·
Registered
19,260 Posts
I would follow Trialsman ideas in that he has done these type of competitions

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
I scrub mine in before I leave the sub-division. In my cul-de-sac, I make about 3-5 peg dragging circles in both directions.

A little fine-grit sandpaper, taken to the tire before you start the motor, will do the same thing.
:agree:

And then spend a few miles in an empty parking lot getting used to the handling of the new tire. It's always funny how different a front tire feels without the flat spot.

·
Registered
307 Posts

:agree::agree::agree:

·
Registered
3,827 Posts
:agree:...

And even differences between the same tire when new! I was very pleased with my last set of E-3's (18k of good handling/grip and perfectly even wear!), so I just got a new set installed 3k ago. This new set feels much more "exact" in tight turning radius manueveurs than the previous set, even when new. :shrug: I can make tight parking-lot circles with the greatest of ease on this set... can't explain it. :thumbup:

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
And then spend a few miles in an empty parking lot getting used to the handling of the new tire. It's always funny how different a front tire feels without the flat spot. [/QUOTE]

·
Registered
3,827 Posts
And is a "tough" tire that resists punctures better than some others, has increased load capacity, and grips well in ice cold to hot tar temps, rain, slush, etc! :thumbup: Too bad they're noisy... I live with that.

All good advise. I Love my E 3S. Ridden in rain hot and in-between and sticks good.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts