GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I now have the Michelin Pilot Activ on going to put a Bridgestone 45 is this the one I wont? 130/70H/18
Bridgestone Battlax BT-45 Sport Touring Rear Tire

·
Registered
823 Posts
That is the one I have. I put dynabeads in and it is wearing very smooth.
Old Fred

·
Registered
889 Posts
06Wingman,

That's the one I'm using. Here is a link to the exact one I bought. Not pushing the vendor, although my experience was excellent with them. So far my experience with this tire has been great, but my mileage is not high on this tire as yet ... about 5000 miles. Time will tell, but no issues at all so far. Quiet and smooth and looking good, on the same beautiful model as you ride!!!

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.co...ne-Battlax-BT-45-Sport-Touring-Rear-Tire.aspx

·
Registered
70 Posts
Have one on for about 7K miles now, so far, so good.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Ive got over 11,000 on mine with centramatics and still barely wearing.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Beware, may not be correct one

I read some comments on the "Sport" Battleax that were not favorable and asked around. Wheels and some others say to buy the Rear Battleax 45, put it on the front in reverse and it will give lots of mileage. I could be wrong but I think the "Sport" maybe a different model. I feel sure someone will comment back.

·
Registered
927 Posts
I read some comments on the "Sport" Battleax that were not favorable and asked around. Wheels and some others say to buy the Rear Battleax 45, put it on the front in reverse and it will give lots of mileage. I could be wrong but I think the "Sport" maybe a different model. I feel sure someone will comment back.
There are many Bridgestone Battlax tires. Many also use the word sport in the name.

The one most people use on the front of GL1800 trikes is the Bridgestone Battlax BT-45 Sport Touring rear tire.

·
Registered
127 Posts
BT-45 reverse mount on my trike. 9000 miles-still looks nearly new. It takes a while to knock the nubs off the sides with the trike.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts