GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Bridgestone Driveguard on my bike is in need of replacing for next riding season and I am curious how these two tires compare for ride quality, durability, etc. Does one respond better to input, react less to road contours, get better traction in the wet, or handle better at slow speeds than the other?

·
IronMan
17,100 Posts
Try n do seaerch on here was same post about 2 weeks ??? Ago

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
3,483 Posts
The Driveguard is a real good tire and it will give you good mileage. The only reason I could see to consider the change is handling! In my opinion the P1 will handle the transition in the curves quicker and easier. If that is important to you, give it try!

·
Registered
276 Posts
I ran the Drive Guard and liked it. I now have the Pirelli and love it. Don't know about the mileage yet.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Monk v Dougbug

Off topic (again; my apologies.)

How can two riders using the same tire have such diametrically opposed views on a tire? Monk says "it's a real good tire" and Dougbug says "it sucks."

I am NOT a Darksider (and I am not trying to inflame a war of words.) I am truly interested in the differences between your riding styles (solo, 2-up, trailer, mostly twisties, etc.) as to how you could have such different views on the same tire.

Tim

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
Tire opinions

Monk v Dougbug

How can two riders using the same tire have such diametrically opposed views on a tire? Monk says "it's a real good tire" and Dougbug says "it sucks."

I am NOT a Darksider (and I am not trying to inflame a war of words.) I am truly interested in the differences between your riding styles (solo, 2-up, trailer, mostly twisties, etc.) as to how you could have such different views on the same tire.

Tim
There is NOTHING on this board that everyone agrees on, especially related to tires. I hated the BT-45 on my Wing, others love it. I like the G709 and others won't ride anything but Dunlop. I hated the E3 rear tire I rode on and other people love it. This is just a matter of personal preference.

Monk said he likes the tire because it transitions well. Others might prefer a tire with better tread life.

·
Registered
311 Posts
There is NOTHING on this board that everyone agrees on, especially related to tires. I hated the BT-45 on my Wing, others love it. I like the G709 and others won't ride anything but Dunlop. I hated the E3 rear tire I rode on and other people love it. This is just a matter of personal preference.

Monk said he likes the tire because it transitions well. Others might prefer a tire with better tread life.
That explanation perfectly satisfies my curiosity.

Thanks.

Tim

·
Premium Member
1,370 Posts

·
Registered
909 Posts
Monk v Dougbug

Tim

Amazing isn't it. My dislike about the DG was how it wandered down the road. Hard to explain but the DG seemed to be sensitive to wear in the road (the two areas worn by cagers and trucks) at highway speeds. It was nutural at best in the twisties -nothing positive or negative just okay. I had been through 3 Alpin's with an average of 15 k each and did not feel this until the DG. Went back to the last Alpin and problem solved, now I'm on the Perrelli SC and really like it in the twisties and just plodding along between 70-80 mph on the open road. Just MHO.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
This thread is not going to be allowed to degenerate into a car tire vs MC tire war.
I come to to this forum to read about fellow darksiders and learn anything I can about it and share my experiences. The last thing I want to see is comments from some Idiot who doesn't believe we should be doing it, their comments are of NO value and should be pulled from this forum immediately. I have no interest in hearing anything they have to say !!

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
Darksider

I come to to this forum to read about fellow darksiders and learn anything I can about it and share my experiences. The last thing I want to see is comments from some Idiot who doesn't believe we should be doing it, their comments are of NO value and should be pulled from this forum immediately. I have no interest in hearing anything they have to say !!
As a fellow darksider, I encourage you to not get into a tizzy. The moderators will deal with the problem.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts