GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did a search in forum but found nothing about the new Excedra Max. Currently have a set of the standard Excedras (704 & 709) that need replacement soon. Have about 9000 miles on them and they are down to the wearbars. Curious if anyone has any experience with the new "Max" version especially with regard to tire mileage. I ran Dunlop E3s before and they produced much better total mileage, but Bridgestones had better traction and ride. I have read the Excedra Max delivers more miles than previous version yet retained good traction and ride of the old tire. But then that what the advertisement says so I need real world feedback.

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Did a search in forum but found nothing about the new Excedra Max. Currently have a set of the standard Excedras (704 & 709) that need replacement soon. Have about 9000 miles on them and they are down to the wearbars. Curious if anyone has any experience with the new "Max" version especially with regard to tire mileage. I ran Dunlop E3s before and they produced much better total mileage, but Bridgestones had better traction and ride. I have read the Excedra Max delivers more miles than previous version yet retained good traction and ride of the old tire. But then that what the advertisement says so I need real world feedback.
Well,
I can't help much with the "Max" but, I just bought the Exedra 851 and have only ridden about 5 city miles with it. I thought it was the Exedra 709 that everyone talks about but, it isn't so, I'll just have to run with it and see how it goes. Sorry I couldn't help.
Scott

·
Registered
73 Posts
I put one on a couple of years ago and it didn't last any time at all! I run Bridgestones because they seem to wear a little better for me.

Used to run Metzler 880's and sometimes Avon's, but price and longer wear took me back to Bridgestone. I loved the way the the Metzler's handled, though.

Kenny

PS, the Max isn't listed as made for the wing, in case you wanted to know.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
I ran a front tire the summer of 2012 and at 10,500 miles it was about done,it wasn't quite down to the wear bars but I would not have trusted it in wet conditions

tears ago and

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
I am running a Exmax and do not notice any different from a stock stone rear tire that I had run. I got 16k plus on stock stone. Ex max seems to be wearing about the same.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts