GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bridgestone is now shipping the G704/709 with a new label on the tire.

The new label is now marked R704/709.

To the best of my knowledge, the only thing that has changed is the label. The part # is the same.

Perhaps this is where Honda has been claiming the "New" Bridgestones for the 2012 model.

I have ordered about 3 dozen sets in last week and they all came in with the new "R" modifier.

Bulldog

·
Registered
3,827 Posts
I'd be curious to learn whether Bridgestone has "improved" the basic tire in any way; one of the national magazines hints that upon road testing the new Wing, that both the suspension and tires are more significantly improved than first assumed. :shrug:

·
Registered
504 Posts
Orderd stones for my 2010 last saturday from DLP and they arrived thursday.They had G on the lable.Maby R is for radidal.

·
Registered
660 Posts
I'll have a rear Bridgestone delievered today that I ordered from DLP. I'll take note of what the labeling shows....

·
Registered
478 Posts
I just got a set from HDL. Label says R704 but the imprint on the tire says G704 Radial. It is an Exedra.

Went with the Stones this time again. Always liked the 709 front but unhappy with the mileage on the rear 704 so I went Avon Cobra. Back to Stones rear. I would love a new Bridgestone spec tire - if in fact they are NEW!!!! Not sure though at this point.

·
Registered
660 Posts
I just had the rear tire delivered that I had ordered from DLP.

The tire seems to have been made in late November 2010. Code is: DBB4710. I'm taking it as manufactured 47th week of 2010....

Anyway....

The tire and all labels indicate only G704....

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
I just got a set from HDL. Label says R704 but the imprint on the tire says G704 Radial. It is an Exedra.

Went with the Stones this time again. Always liked the 709 front but unhappy with the mileage on the rear 704 so I went Avon Cobra. Back to Stones rear. I would love a new Bridgestone spec tire - if in fact they are NEW!!!! Not sure though at this point.
The stock tires on my (former) Nomad were Bridgestone Excedras. When I replaced the rear, it had been redesignated "Exedra Max." I understand they have improved the Excedra series, I think, by using a harder compound in the center to increase tire tread life. I have no independent proof of this, so I'm hoping what I've heard is true.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts