GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just looking at HDL's sale and they have 2 different part numbers for the Bridgestone G709 front tires on their page. one is a BRI-122971 @ $152.43 and the other is a BRI-BR7055 @ $139.99. They are both listed as the same size tire 130/70R18. Does anyone know the difference? I purchased the $139.99 tire on my last 2 replacements and they go around 20K miles for me. Just wondering.:confused:

·
Registered
5,898 Posts
I would call Dunlap ask them whats up and only use stock goldwing. Weird r is in both part numbers

Most of the time when there is a cheaper price it is a bais tire and not a radial.

·
Registered
9,113 Posts
I would call Dunlap ask them whats up and only use stock goldwing. Weird r is in both part numbers

Most of the time when there is a cheaper price it is a bais tire and not a radial.
Why in the world would you called Dunlop to ask about Bridgestone tires?

:roll:

·
Registered
5,898 Posts
Why in the world would you called Dunlop to ask about Bridgestone tires?

:roll:
Thanks for closely watching Bart I am sure op would realize to Call tire manufacturer bridge stone
your good
bow what do you have to say positive about original post question
your The man .

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

You got me thinking so I went out and checked the one on my bike and it clearly says radial on the sidewall.

Maybe they are the same tire from 2 separate suppliers and they have marked them down to as cheap as they could and still make money. This is the second sale I have noticed with this same scenario. I Googled it and another post on this board from April of last year came up asking the same question. No logical answer on that thread either.

·
Registered
4,048 Posts
I was just looking at HDL's sale and they have 2 different part numbers for the Bridgestone G709 front tires on their page. one is a BRI-122971 @ $152.43 and the other is a BRI-BR7055 @ $139.99. They are both listed as the same size tire 130/70R18. Does anyone know the difference? I purchased the $139.99 tire on my last 2 replacements and they go around 20K miles for me. Just wondering.:confused:
According to Bridgestone, front tire part number is 122971
Rear tire part number is 070627

I've been searching the web and simply cannot find anything for the 7055 part number, except that in two places, they have called it the "new" part number. Noting about this at the Bridgestone site. I'm always careful about information on the web that doesn't come from the manufacturer's web site.

I did find the correct 122971 part number slightly cheaper at two other vendors.

Here's the manufacturer's pdf file for Gold Wing tires

http://www.bridgestonemotorcycletires.com/goldwing.pdf

1 - 6 of 6 Posts