Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 20001+

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how many miles have you put on a set of Bridgestone tires on your 1800?

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
... so far .... they still have lots of life ....

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
I got 15,841 out of a rear tire...

Should have only gotten 14 something out of it... I was on the road and hadn't checked my tire in awhile, and rode it to the cords and had a rear tire failure. I know, pretty stupid :oops:

Gotta give the bike credit, at 75-ish I thought I was on a rough stretch of road, until I started to smell burning rubber and pulled over.

I couldn't get it up on the side stand, and there was no way in heck I could horse it on to the center stand.

Stood 5' from the edge of the interstate with semis whooshing by for about 15 min while I pondered my dilemma. Didn't want to intentionally set the bike down on the crash bars... nope, couldn't do that... :lol:

Then a lightbulb came on. I had my T-Bag on the back seat. Dug around in it, got out my can of shaving cream, knocked the plastic off the top, and rested the crash bar on top of the can. Worked perfectly :D

Now I am much more careful about checking my tires while I am on the road!

·
Registered
21,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know the feeling, sitting on the side of the road with a wing with a flat rear tire........ damm! you get awakened to how heavy a wing really is! in my case was able to dig a hole for the side stand. Sure wouldn't want to tangle with a guy that could lift that thing up onto the centerstand from a flat rear tire by himself!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts