Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
827 Posts

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I received mine on Thursday, mounted it on the rim on Saturday, waiting for my motorcycle tire to wear down a bit more to install it on the bike.

Will ya ya give us an update on your thoughts once you are riding on it? My Michelin is in it's last 5000 miles so time to start looking at what tire is next.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
I'm running one now and I like it! I only have a couple thousand miles on it as of now. Not as soft a ride as the Alpin more like the Pirelli Euforia's I ran in the past. Turns in easy and holds a line. Rock steady at triple digits on my Wing. 11/32's like the Alpin but an all season tire not a winter tire. So far I'm happy with the tire. I got 22,000 (s)miles out of my Alpin and hope the Potenza does well on milage also.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks!!

I'm running one now and I like it! I only have a couple thousand miles on it as of now. Not as soft a ride as the Alpin more like the Pirelli Euforia's I ran in the past. Turns in easy and holds a line. Rock steady at triple digits on my Wing. 11/32's like the Alpin but an all season tire not a winter tire. So far I'm happy with the tire. I got 22,000 (s)miles out of my Alpin and hope the Potenza does well on milage also.

·
Registered
437 Posts
bridgestone

I'm using one 205/55 have about 4k on it and I really like it still 10/32nds tread looks like I might get pretty good miles from it

·
Registered
827 Posts
Will ya ya give us an update on your thoughts once you are riding on it? My Michelin is in it's last 5000 miles so time to start looking at what tire is next.
I mounted the wheel with the tire on the rim. Rode it for aprox. 100 miles= love it! So far....

·
Registered
827 Posts
I mounted the new Bridgestone, Mary and I left to Grand Rapids MN. last Wednesday, first night, 2nd night spent in Gaylord Mi. 3rd night in Meadville Pa at the beginning of the Grand Army of the Republic hwy, the 4th night we stayed in Connecticut (cant remember the town) we rode to Providence Ri., from there to Portland Me for some delicious sea food for Mother's Day , then continued to Montreal, and now we are in North Bay Ontario.
Got 3 to 4000 miles on the Bridgestone and Mary and I both love it. The only noticeable thing is at slow speed on uneven surfaces you feel it wanting to follow raised lines.
We rode a lot in the rain without any problems.

·
Registered
827 Posts
I mounted the new Bridgestone, Mary and I left to Grand Rapids MN. last Wednesday, first night, 2nd night spent in Gaylord Mi. 3rd night in Meadville Pa at the beginning of the Grand Army of the Republic hwy, the 4th night we stayed in Connecticut (cant remember the town) we rode to Providence Ri., from there to Portland Me for some delicious sea food for Mother's Day , then continued to Montreal, and now we are in North Bay Ontario.
Got 3 to 4000 miles on the Bridgestone and Mary and I both love it. The only noticeable thing is at slow speed on uneven surfaces you feel it wanting to follow raised lines.
We rode a lot in the rain without any problems.
Wanted to add; we rode the Tunnel of Trees in northern Michigan, although very beautiful and nice road, it would be a lot better in the middle of summer, even better in the fall when the colours change.

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
I'm looking forward to trying mine I got mounted a couple weeks ago on a spare wheel. 3000-4000 miles the G704 standard motorcycle rear tire would already be well over half way to bald. I'd wager the Potenza shows very little wear at this point.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Pressure

The only noticeable thing is at slow speed on uneven surfaces you feel it wanting to follow raised lines.
I had this issue also. I noticed it much less when I lowered the pressure to 36 lbs. If I get time this week I am going to run several pressures and test. I am going to start at 28 lbs cold, get it hot and check the pressure and move up in 2 lb increments.
...gene

1 - 14 of 14 Posts