GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
I don't have actual experience with the "Max".............but it looks like they are geared more towards the crusier market as per thier data.
http://www.motorcycle-karttires.com/glamourindex.aspx?productID=200&LookupID=12

I'm running the plain Exedra and like them so far. My log notes on the Exedra are shown below.

3-18-11 14925
Replaced original OEM Dunlop 250 tires with Bridgestone’s Exedra. These are the same size as the originals. Should get better mileage from these. The originals lasted for 14925 miles. The front tire had cupped due to the lousy OEM suspension. After the Traxxion upgrade, the cupping was almost totally removed prior to changing the tire to the new Bridgestone’s. The rear OEM original wore well and had about 1-2K miles more remaining tread than the front due to the cupping from the sift suspension. The front was almost bald on the left side of the tire when changed.

Front 130/70R18M/C G709 Exedra 63H date code 2010 (May 2010) Both $ 299.88
Rear 180/60R16 G704 Exedra 74H date code 3110 (August 2010)

Labor to mount tire on rim, balance and mount Doran TPMS sensors inside rim by Honda of
Houston. $ 109.00
The Bridgestone Exedra isa single compound tread tire are made specifically for the Goldwing and are supposed to have very good wet capabilities and long mileage per comments from the internet forums. I considered the Dunlop Elite III dual compound tires but the reviews stated they had a tendency to slip in the wet and are noisy. I did not consider Metzlers due to the belt separation problems I’ve heard about on them. The Avon Cobras have good reviews and may be tried in the future albeit they are a soft tire and may not last very long. I use the Avons on the VTX and like them for their grip.
Ride Evaluation:
The new tires turn in very, very easy with both tires at 40 psi and the forks raised to 15mm. Almost too easy, but steering is not twitchy but noticeably faster than the old Dunlop 250’s. I will reduce front pressure to 36 psi and comment. I expected the bike to turn in easier due to the worn flat center on the old rear tire and very round profiles of the new tires, but it turns in much quicker with these new tires. The ride is somewhat slightly more rougher now over small bumps compared to the Dunlop 250’s. I expect these tires have a much stiffer carcass because they are not as pliable as the Dunlop 250’s. These tires also generate a slight wine in turns that the Dunlop 250’s did not when new. The old Dunlop 250’s didn’t whine as much as these even with the rear tire feathered quite a bit at the time it was removed.

·
Registered
251 Posts
bridgstone excedra

I ask the bridgstone rep at Americade if they were going to make the MAX for the wing/He said they have a wing tire and have no plans to build a max tire in that size range?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts