GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What sort of mileage can I expect to get out of a set of Bridgestone tires, G709 front and G704 rear?
I am a fairly enthusiastic rider!

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I got about 17k from my first (OEM) set. About 13k of that was with a plug in the rear tire.

The WobblingSkidLops I had after that were good for about 14K.

Working on another set of Bridgestones now. About 15k and still going strong.

But I probably don't ride anywhere near as "spirited" as a lot of folks here :)

·
Registered
7,207 Posts
I got 18000 miles out of the front G709. It was nearly wore down to the wear bars at 18000 miles and I could have gone another 2000 miles if I only rode on straight roads, but the tire slid a bit for the first time on a curve on a wet road, so I replaced it with another G709.

I got around 11000 miles out of the rear Bridgstone before I got a nail in it and replaced it with a Avon. It was nearly wore out at 11000 miles though. I'm going back to the Bridgestone rear tire when this Avon wears out....the rear Avon's work just as well as the rear Bridgestone does and seems to wear better, but are too noisy in the curves.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Front - 14,000-15,000

Rear 10,000

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys, mine have just over 12k miles on and need replacing sometime soon, I was just wondering if this was typical mileage.

·
Registered
9,099 Posts
Depends on your comfort level. Some folks change theirs when the wear bars get close to the tread level, and others change theirs when the third layer of cord starts to show. 10 to 14K seems to be ballpark.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Gray Crowned Crane, Kenya's national bird.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts