GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any concrete information about the Bridgestone tires vs. Avon or Metzler. What can one expect?

·
Registered
19,069 Posts
Nothing other than they are all round , at least when new.

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
deep purple said:
Is there any concrete information about the Bridgestone tires vs. Avon or Metzler. What can one expect?
Tire preference is pretty much subjective. I subjectively prefer the Bridgestones, especially the G709 Front.

Some might claim one brand is rounder than another. For the wing they are pretty much all black.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
For me on any bike Bridgestones handle/feel the best, they also wear out the quickest. On the wing I reallllly like the Dunlop E3 and will wait 'til I can get some (likely Jan. as told by a rep.) I guess the VFR is getting my seat time 'til then. I've got 13k on my E's now and can likely squeez another 1-2k, never got more thatn 9-10k out of any other tire before including Metz, Brigetsone on the other Dunlops.

Steve

·
Registered
9,099 Posts
You can expect some to like them, some to hate them, some to try different ones, some that wear out half a dozen sets a year, some that will have originals on 7 year old bikes, some that have problems, some that don't, et al.

But, I will guarantee everyone will have an opinion, and they are necessary to ride on.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Only one way to find your favorite tire, ride. Try all or till you find a
strong preference or liking. Mine so far is :wink: Avon because of its grip of
the road.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Had 2 sets of Stones. Loved em. Had 1 set of E-3's. Not so much love. Now back on Stones and life is good.
(Like the man said, opinions are like orifices, everybody has at least 1)

·
Registered
241 Posts
STONES RULE!!!!

·
Registered
119 Posts
I know one thing, I felt the tare snakes with the D250s and now with the stones I don't notice. (14,000 miles on the bike)

All set for next summer... Dam winter

1 - 12 of 12 Posts