GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just finished a two week 4,400 mile trip from Tucson, AZ to Nelson, BC and back. This is my report on the performance of my CT (Kumho Escta RF 195/55R/16 @ 34psi).

• Bike configuration 2-up pulling a trailer - Front tire Dunny E3 @ 41psi, Rear tire Kumho Escta RF @ 34psi. I should also note that the Kumho maintained constant air pressure the entire trip. Yes, there was some slight fluctuation in psi when we were at higher altitudes but no loss of pressure due to poor tire bead seal. Can't say that about my Dunny E3 (had to adjust air pressure each day)
  • Types of roads ridden was a combination of mostly secondary roads, interstates when we had to, and of course Canadian, Washington , Oregon & California back (secondary) twisty roads
  • Weather conditions encountered 100+ degree days in AZ and Utah with no rain, Idaho, Wyoming (150 mile detour just because we could - found some great twisty's in Southwest Wyoming) & Montana 50's – 80's and dry. BC brought some rain and more mild temps (awesome riding to say the least), Washington, Oregon, California, & Nevada brought high winds 30-40mph gusts and high heat 100+.
Tire preformed flawlessly in all driving conditions. On the super slab the ride was smooth, quiet and responsive, when called upon. On twisty secondary roads again the tire did not let me down and performed to perfection. The Kumho not once gave the impression of loosing grip with the road even on wet roads. Handling in the twisty's was pure bliss. Once in BC and without the trailer disconnected we spent several days riding in the Nelson, BC area, the Nelson, BC area and the tire were both amazing. We road with another couple who also happens to be a DS rider and he echos my comments. This was our first 2-up long haul trip since coming to the Dark Side and I am not disappointed one bit. FYI – My fuel economy over the 4,400 miles was an impressive 38.97mpg average. I now have over 20K miles on a CT and I will never go back to a standard MC tire.

Ride On!

Smitty

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
That's great Smitty! After being on the darkside for around 2 years, I would expect nothing less! I'm glad you had a safe and enjoyable trip!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rocketman911 - Yep the trip was great and I had no doubt on the performance of the tire. Can't wait to ride in BC again it left me grinning from ear-to-ear each day.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts