GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, here we are in a brand new year. I did some calculations yesterday on my ownership of a Gold Wing for 2006. Thanks to Shane Stump and his software I've been able to keep very good records. Here are some numbers: Purchase date was August 18, 2006 with two miles on the odometer. Odometer reading as of December 30, 2006 is 9,825. Thirty-nine accessories have been purchased and installed at a cost of $5,539.49.

I am a long time BMW rider/owner and have been pleasantly surprised thus far at how 'friendly' and easy the Gold Wing has been to own. After getting the front suspension done by Traxxion later this spring the Gold Wing will suit my needs better than my two previous K1200LT's. The bike hasn't been in a motorcycle shop for any reason since the date of purchase. I perform all maintenance and accessory installation. Here's to mo' ridin' in '07!! :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,547 Posts
BruceHarrisJr said:
Thirty-nine accessories have been purchased and installed at a cost of $5,539.49. I perform all maintenance and accessory installation.
Wow, that is some add ons. :D Was there a trailer in that figure?

Herb
 

·
Chard Member
Joined
·
12,995 Posts
Glad you are enjoying your '06.

Mine has been almost perfect for the first 1,000 miles also. Only a few problems.....

wobble out of the crate
coolant leak
exhaust leak at crossover
major engine surging
right foot heater not closing
r/saddlebag won't open unless you smack it
broken rear front fender

Like I said, it's been almost perfect. :roll:

:banghead: ....... :banghead:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
g1nomad said:
BruceHarrisJr said:
Thirty-nine accessories have been purchased and installed at a cost of $5,539.49. I perform all maintenance and accessory installation.
Wow, that is some add ons. :D Was there a trailer in that figure? Nope, I bought my Bushtec in October 2005.

Herb
 
W

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Red said:
Glad you are enjoying your '06.

Mine has been almost perfect for the first 1,000 miles also. Only a few problems.....

wobble out of the crate
coolant leak
exhaust leak at crossover
major engine surging
right foot heater not closing
r/saddlebag won't open unless you smack it
broken rear front fender

Like I said, it's been almost perfect. :roll:

:banghead: ....... :banghead:
Red, for what those 1800's cost, that really SUCKS!
 
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Top