GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks,

I drive my Wing to work daily during most of the year. Unfortunately, I am one of “those” that has to take work home most of the time. My briefcase, a standard size, 4” deep, barely fits into the trunk at an angle with no room for anything else. I’m looking for a briefcase or portfolio that will fit, lying down, in the trunk and let met throw my jacket liner in the trunk also. I normally don’t bring a computer home, only paper and other briefcase stuff. Do you know of a specific brand and model of a briefcase or portfolio, hard or soft sided, that fits in the trunk and still has decent capacity?

Thanks

Ed

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
heres a thought, the brief case would fit nicely in the pacific coast trunk.

we have an expensive mall that has a luggage store. they have a nice selection of various sizes of brief cases. theyalso have some that are for ladies, that are a little smaller. i have seen these type of stores in various places.

loren

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
when I'm not in Alaska,I have to carry a brief case a lot,and do carry a computer frequently.
I just upgraded to a larger soft sided case that still fits just fine,but I can't fit anything else in it with the new case.
Places like Office Max have a decent selection to choose from.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Hi Ed,

Here is a link to the case I've carried for about 4 years. As long as it's not stuffed too full it will even fit in the saddlebag. Mine measures about 13.5" long, 10" tall, and expands to over 7" wide. Never have used it to carry a firearm (my employer tends to frown on that). Originally I bought it because it fit in my cruiser saddlebags but works great for the Wing also. It has two main compartments that carry notebooks, pads, books, a laptop, or whatever. There are several pockets inside for pens and pencils.

http://dillonprecision.com/template/p.c ... n=0&dyn=1&

Hope this helps.

Pat

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys for the input. I have tried several soft sided bags from the local Staples, but they were either too big to fit flat in the trunk or too small to be of much use. I have measured the trunk and it looks like anything over 12" front to back won't fit. The other problem is the curvature around the tail lights won't allow much over 16" in length. Maybe one of the travel bag manufactures will take a crack at making one.

If I find something that works well, I'll post it.

Ed

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
My wife is a computer consultant and carries her laptop in a briefcase on her 1500 while working. She places it on the passenger seat between the passenger arm rests, bungee corded. She does this only during good weather. The down side is that if you leave the bike you should take the briefcase with you. But it works for her. She commutes about 80 miles like this.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Briefcase

Why don't you just get a set of the Goldwing soft luggage and use the one fitted for the trunk as your briefcase. Then you would also have the ones for the saddlebags as a bonus.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts