GL1800Riders Forums banner

How many miles have you ridden this year?

• Less than 1,000

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Less than 5,000

• Less than 10,000

• 10,001 to 20,000

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When you live in S.W. Indiana, & the temp. gets to 63 degrees, you have to get the baby out of hibernation. :D This spoiled child(Thanks Bulldog), had a great ride today. Who would've thought we could get in over 112 miles the last Sunday of December? I know for all you Florida, & Arizona riders this sounds like ramblings. PLEASE HELP ME, I'M A SNOWBIRD STUCK IN INDIANA! :wink: I also got in on Hals Holiday discounts. The new magenta should look good with a new Kuryakyn GL1800 Regal Burl Woodgrain Dash. I know Bulldog, I'm spoiled. 8)

http://www.angelfire.com/in4/wingnut
P.S. We rode a total of 11,640.0 miles this year. Not too bad since that's only on weekends, with temps. above 55 degrees :!:

·
Thirsty Member
2,579 Posts
I know what ya mean by not having alot of nice weather to ride. This was my first year I have been able to get over that magic 10,000 number. Enjoyed every mile. :D

·
Registered
5,252 Posts
Well, we had no time to ride this weekend. I do have next week off work though!

I am one of those folks that often does not use all of my vacation time till the end of the year.

I have realitives in Sullivan , Indiana. I hear regular reports about the weather there.

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Verdayne & Carol,

Good show, getting out and taking a spin. Even if it was short, it was longer than I did. We had the temp today, about 46, but the salt on the road is heavy, and I am not going to ride in that crap.

Glad you got out. Now it will shorten the time since the last ride.

Bulldog

·
Chard Member
13,052 Posts
Your poll needs a category for 25,000 miles plus! :D :D :D

Glad you had a chance to get the Purple Beast out today. :)

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Red said:
Your poll needs a category for 25,000 miles plus! :D :D :D

Glad you had a chance to get the Purple Beast out today. :)
What RED said! :D

Not sure exactly how many miles I got in this year but it was at least a few k over 20k. From the looks of the poll results, there are a few more folks who are in/near this catagory!! :clap2:

DAMN I LOVE THIS BIKE :yw1:

·
Registered
4,863 Posts
I'd agree about the poll being rather restrictive on options. It doesn't take too much effort to get in 20,000, and I had that by the middle of August. I'd add several more increments at least.

Dalec

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Verdayne aka Wingnut said:
I asked the question of 20,000+, but it wouldn't let me ask more than 4 questions. Sorry. :(
I figured as much.

interesting poll though. Shows there are a lot of folks getting a lot of sMILES in! :D

·
Registered
40 Posts
I ride about 22-25 THOUSAND MILES per year....BUT..I live in southern California.
check here and see why !
Lets ride em' !
www.pashnit.com
Sorry 'bout your "Cabin Fever !"
:beer2:

·
Registered
291 Posts
Add me to the list whiners - really need a 20,000 PLUS category.

I haven't done my official tally yet, but I'd be surprised if I don't top 35,000 for the year.

Roy

·
Registered
336 Posts
Poll

I live a few miles south of you. Down by Evansville and I usually ride about 25,000 miles per year. Maybe your last question should have been 20,000+ instead of 10 to 20K.

:beer3:

Jerry

·
Registered
615 Posts
I know I'm with you guys, so far I have done at least 30,000 this year, but we have a couple of more days . And if the weather keeps being so nice I might get a few more in.
Also did around 3 -500 miles in Hawaii, YEAHhhhhhhhh

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
I was JUST short of the 10k this year .... too much work time and too little ride time.
Now if Tom would invent a apckage to mount a ski on the front wheel and a track arrangement on the back, a lot of us snowbounds would get a lot more miles!

·
Registered
550 Posts
Spolied in Texas

Yes, I will admit I am spoiled and love it. Got my bike in late May and just turned 13000. Ride to work most days, ride every weekend and have taken a couple of trips. With out weather the way it has been, it doesn't look like there will be any downtime during the "winter" months. And yes, it is hot as he$$ in Late July and August, but I still ride it like I stole it. May even break down and wash it in 2004.
Happy New Year to All!

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Just over 5K this year. Would have been a bit more if not for the recall. It was down at the dealer for 3 weeks!

Can't complain, though. There was a year I lived in Portland when I only put 800 miles on my '82 GL1100 all year!!!

John in Vegas

·
Registered
287 Posts
6550 miles since last june. With the weather we get in Ireland I suppose thats good. Had a 120 mile spin before xmas,got a big fall of snow on the way home and it was just great. This machine is the greatest bike that Honda has ever built and I have ridden them all since the Honda 50. Happy new year to all you Americans who ride the greatest motorcycle that Honda has ever built.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I'm all over 14,000 miles, picked up my bike on August 15th 2003; it spent one week in the shop for frame repair and ECM change.

I anticipate 40,000+ during '04.

Good Lord willing and the creek don't rise; maybe I’ll be around 50K!!

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
I picked up my 02 new from the dealer on June. 3rd. I work an average of 60 hours per week. I still have 11,803 as of 12-28 when I put it back in the garage. I was lucky and got to ride both Sat. and a little Sun. before it started to rain. As a total for the year counting the Gl1200 that I traded in and what miles I ride my 1977 CB400F, my 305 Dream and my CB350 my total mileage for the yr. was almost 16,000. My wife claims if I am not at work or asleep I am on one of the bikes........ :D :) :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts